Going From Straight Line to AX.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I switched to the GLOC R8's after my Hawk HP+'s were out of life, one reason was it has began trashing the wheel finish. In Hawks defense, I wasn't always on top of cleaning my wheels and they are a cheap wheel so I can only assume the finish is cheap as well. However, I am far more happy with the performance of the GLOC pads.
I swapped over to Carbotech XP8's before my set of HP+ front pads were anywhere near done because of the much faster rotor wear they caused. As in much worse than the XP8's, XP10's, XP12's, and G-loc R10's that I've been running for both track and street ever since. I honestly suspect that in mostly street driving you could end up with rotors below minimum thickness to machine before the HP+ pads would be below pad replacement thickness.

It surprised me that the XP12's wore faster than the XP10's, at least for the front. So if 10's aren't enough I'd strongly consider skipping over the 12's to whatever CT's or G-loc's next step past 12's is.

Norm

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We used to use some pimpy, expensive cleaner on our track wheels to remove all the dust without an hour of scrubbing. We've recently switched to Code Red wheel cleaner. It easily matches the best wheel cleaning products, and is relatively inexpensive and easy to use. Still not a touchless cleaner, but the scrub time is greatly reduced.

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
I swapped over to Carbotech XP8's before my set of HP+ front pads were anywhere near done because of the much faster rotor wear they caused. As in much worse than the XP8's, XP10's, XP12's, and G-loc R10's that I've been running for both track and street ever since. I honestly suspect that in mostly street driving you could end up with rotors below minimum thickness to machine before the HP+ pads would be below pad replacement thickness.

It surprised me that the XP12's wore faster than the XP10's, at least for the front. So if 10's aren't enough I'd strongly consider skipping over the 12's to whatever CT's or G-loc's next step past 12's is.

Norm

The HP+'s destroyed rotors. So far the R8's don't seem to be nearly as rough on rotors.

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
Well, its almost Christmas, the season has been over for over a month. I kinda forgot to give a season close out (for anyone who has kept up with my transition to Autocross).

All season I didn't pay attention to season points to try to focus on having fun and becoming a better driver. I had a blast all season, and continuously climbed in PAX every event. Early in the year I was placing outside the top 90 (about 140 drivers per race). By the end of the year I was in the top 50 in the last 3 events and placed 41st in PAX the last event of 138 drivers.

The points were released a couple days after the final event and I ended up 2nd of 18 drivers in STP. I was 20 points from coming in first.

TLDR; I had a blast, I wasn't setting the world on fire, but I was improving consistently. Time to gear up for next season, and try to grab a championship.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back