Good deal on race seats

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It took me forever to find a good deal as the corbeau and sparco are not only expensive but they are not that great of a weight reduction.

I finally came across Buddy Club seats. These seats are about $700 for 2 and will work with our cars with some minor tweaking to the universal bracket kits. They weigh about 11 lbs!

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/...ats/racing_seats/buddy_club/budd00076491.html

If anyone is interested in my leather roush interior, it's for sale in the classifieds section of the forum...:clap:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
do they make them for slightly fat ppl like me? haha

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
70-100 depending on the optios like leather side airbags ect

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
If you put in two of them, would you need to trick the passenger airbag sensor? For that matter, why not just remove the passenger seat completely.

p.s. Or maybe the Steeda adaptive progarmming can detect aftermarket seats too. j/k

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you put in two of them, would you need to trick the passenger airbag sensor? For that matter, why not just remove the passenger seat completely.

p.s. Or maybe the Steeda adaptive progarmming can detect aftermarket seats too. j/k

ROFLMAO @ Don hahaha

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
do they make them for slightly fat ppl like me? haha

That's the standard narrow. They have 3 more sizes ranging up to 'fat ass'. The price goes up a $20 per seat with size increments...:piano:

Don - someone may want to a ride...:leghump:

I'm just turning off the sensor...:idea:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL at the steeda comment... anyway...

Some classes require "full interior trim" and "two front seats"... So, depends on your intention for racing...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thank god haha
fat-ass race seats FTW! Why lose weight when you can just buy lighter car parts?:samuri:

I am down to 3400lbs and the car is getting pretty light too:samuri:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I like my seat.. cant most shops "stiffin" the sides for not much $$$ ?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I think a good upholstery shop could do it. I think Mark wanted to save weight more then he wanted to stiffin the sides.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score

Like Zman mentioned, it's not all about lateral support... A lot of sanctioning bodies require true race seats (non-reclining, perhaps FIA certified) for competition vehicles, and weight reduction is certainly part of the mix for the manufacturers. If all you're looking for is the race "look," then yeah, you can get your stock frame re-upholstered relatively inexpensively.

As a final note, if you're considering changing out the seat, find a local vendor that has the model you want, and go sit in it for a while. Seriously. you may find that it has a bump or crease somewhere that with your specific anatomy winds up pinching off circulation, or makes your ass hurt after a while. NOT fun to discover that AFTER you went through all the hassle with swapping them in, relocating sensors and bladders, and, oh yeah, paying for them...

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As a final note, if you're considering changing out the seat, find a local vendor that has the model you want, and go sit in it for a while. Seriously. you may find that it has a bump or crease somewhere that with your specific anatomy winds up pinching off circulation, or makes your ass hurt after a while. NOT fun to discover that AFTER you went through all the hassle with swapping them in, relocating sensors and bladders, and, oh yeah, paying for them...

And this is exactly why I haven't done this yet. I'd hate to have them shipped to Germany to find out they're not comfortable. I'm doing exactly that, waiting until I can find some I can sit in and decide that way.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
And this is exactly why I haven't done this yet. I'd hate to have them shipped to Germany to find out they're not comfortable. I'm doing exactly that, waiting until I can find some I can sit in and decide that way.

At a minimum, you should be able to find Sparco and Corbeau on that side of the pond, and probably a lot of the Japanese brand seats as well. Bring a good book and "have a seat" for a while.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
As long as mine is my daily driver, the stock seats are going to stay in there. Although having a few less pounds at the track would be great, I'm not yet ready to sacrifice daily comfort. Once this car is relegated to track-only duty, then it will be a different story. :2cents:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back