Good Riddance

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Nope. I'm looking for the right 911 X50 that I can drive to the track and keep it stock. No more spending over 100k on car builds. I will be instructing with SCCA, PCA, IRDC, and NASA. I also just bought a small ranch with a big log home, two shops, and a dynojet. I plan to do tuning on street rods, drag cars, vintage road race cars, and Pro 2 trucks as a side business along with raising cattle.

Well that stinks on the health and sad to see the car go, but looks like you've set yourself up to enjoy life :thumb:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Marc, it's sad to see you part ways with his car since you put a ton of work into it and really made it purpose built. I do understand though about you had to let it go if you couldn't enjoy it.

Nope. I'm looking for the right 911 X50 that I can drive to the track and keep it stock. No more spending over 100k on car builds. I will be instructing with SCCA, PCA, IRDC, and NASA. I also just bought a small ranch with a big log home, two shops, and a dynojet. I plan to do tuning on street rods, drag cars, vintage road race cars, and Pro 2 trucks as a side business along with raising cattle.

Best of luck with this. My dad owned a 04 911 X50 cab and sold it back in 2011, it was stupid fast and required very little maintenance.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you had to part with the car and I hope your health improves. Sounds like you have things well in hand for your future enjoyment and I wish you all the best.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
The Mustang was fun to build and race, but I really don't miss it. It was at the point where I couldn't find anything else to do to it. Racing in AIX costs roughly 10k a year without blowing engines up and the fun factor was diminishing. The health issues that came up suck, but it was a good way to convince myself to sell the car and do something else. The new owner plans to race it within NASA HPDE and then AI. For the first year, I will crew cheif on the car so I can get the suspension dialed in to his driving style.

I'm building a 1984 prerunner Bronco with long travel suspension, 600 hp 408ci stroker, and a manual transmission. I'm going to off road race it and use it for hunting/fishing too. It will remain street legal and I would guess it should run mid 11s in the 1/4.

I also have a tube chassis street legal Vega with a blown alcohol small block that runs high 7s. I bought it to race in some of the local closed course heads up street racing events. However, so far, they won't let me race with them because it doesn't have wipers. LOL.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Street Outlaws Oregon style.....very cool. Post the vids in the future.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Mustang was fun to build and race, but I really don't miss it. It was at the point where I couldn't find anything else to do to it. Racing in AIX costs roughly 10k a year without blowing engines up and the fun factor was diminishing. The health issues that came up suck, but it was a good way to convince myself to sell the car and do something else. The new owner plans to race it within NASA HPDE and then AI. For the first year, I will crew cheif on the car so I can get the suspension dialed in to his driving style.

I'm building a 1984 prerunner Bronco with long travel suspension, 600 hp 408ci stroker, and a manual transmission. I'm going to off road race it and use it for hunting/fishing too. It will remain street legal and I would guess it should run mid 11s in the 1/4.

I also have a tube chassis street legal Vega with a blown alcohol small block that runs high 7s. I bought it to race in some of the local closed course heads up street racing events. However, so far, they won't let me race with them because it doesn't have wipers. LOL.

I'm interested in hearing/seeing more of this bronco build. Have you seen BJ Baldwins blazer? That thing is wicked and he uses it as a prerunner backup for testing at the Baja 1000 and he drives it on the road. Best of luck and that sounds like the ultimate retirement situation. Congrats on that.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your health issues. Your build was one of my favorites though, following it was pretty cool. Sounds like you have new fun projects now though. In other news, all this time I thought you owned TMS, guess I was wrong.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your health issues.
I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Good luck with the ranch, it sounds like a wonderful idea.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back