Got into the 10's with streets!

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Went to the track today with temps around mid 60's. Beautiful day and couldnt resist going to the track. Best time for today was 10.7 @ 129. Had to burn the clutch a little bit so I didnt just spin off the line, but I think I did pretty good. But the best part is....I wasn't in my Mustang. I finally took my bike out to the track! It was my first time dragging my bike and wow, its alot different than a car. I popped it up one time in the air and had quickly bring it back down. Overall had a great time.

Bike is a 2007 Honda CBR600RR with exhaust, modded ram air, & race filter
Here's a pic of her
P1040266.jpg

Last edited:

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Damn you had me going I was curious WTF you did to the stang then BAM...bike. It sounds like you know what your doing on it. Congrats on the time

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was about to call BS before I saw it was your bike lol

We know bikes are fast, you need to be out trying for that 11 in the stang!

:beerdrink:

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
LOL.... I thought WTF.... then I seen it was your bike.

I didn't know you knew Mishoe? He said he seen you the other night in the mustang around town.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Haha; I usually always glance at a sig before reading just so I know a bit about the setup. Regardless it sounds like you had fun!

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I was about to call BS before I saw it was your bike lol

We know bikes are fast, you need to be out trying for that 11 in the stang!

:beerdrink:

I was going to take the stang, but wanted to wait...Getting Truetrac, 373, and moser axles, bogarts and slickes installed this coming up weekend..I think 11's should be very easy ;) Should be about 2 weeks

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Why would you be thinking 11's with your car, I would say you have plenty power in the Stang at 483/456 to run well into the 10's.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Why would you be thinking 11's with your car, I would say you have plenty power in the Stang at 483/456 to run well into the 10's.

I just dont think Im gonna loose a full second just by using slicks...I have 3.31's now and will be running 373's when i get the true track and axles...I would be happy if I run 10's

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Street cars here man. He's running a 12.2s now. It's not all about power.

I just dont think Im gonna loose a full second just by using slicks...I have 3.31's now and will be running 373's when i get the true track and axles...I would be happy if I run 10's

Let us know how you do with the mods!

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Street cars here man. He's running a 12.2s now. It's not all about power.

Let us know how you do with the mods!

What do you mean by street cars? Mine is about as street as you can get, it is my daily driver, weekend travel car, and occasionally a trip to the strip. In fact I drove to New Orleans recently to visit my daughter, 800 miles round trip (average 18 mpg) and then hit the track the next weekend and ran in the 10's. Oh and my ET dropped from 11.68 to 10.87 with nothing more than a convertor and a swap from Nitto's to MT drag radials.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by street cars? Mine is about as street as you can get, it is my daily driver, weekend travel car, and occasionally a trip to the strip. In fact I drove to New Orleans recently to visit my daughter, 800 miles round trip (average 18 mpg) and then hit the track the next weekend and ran in the 10's. Oh and my ET dropped from 11.68 to 10.87 with nothing more than a convertor and a swap from Nitto's to MT drag radials.

I guess everyone with 480rwhp should be running 10s then, my bad.

I ment street tire car. Just because you drive your car on the street doesnt make it that. 4.30s, mt's, and the convertor to do that isnt on your average stock block power adder street mustang.

Most cars at the 450-500rwhp level with street tires cut high 11s at best.

Sounds like you got a killer setup.

Last edited:

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I guess everyone with 480rwhp should be running 10s then, my bad.

I ment street tire car. Just because you drive your car on the street doesnt make it that. 4.30s, mt's, and the convertor to do that isnt on your average stock block power adder street mustang.

Most cars at the 450-500rwhp level with street tires cut high 11s at best.

Sounds like you got a killer setup.

Just to clarify, I'm getting Bogarts with MT slicks with my new setup...I wont be using street tires at the track anymore

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
:beerchug2:

With the tires and gears I would expect a nice drop in et. :)

Do you really think 10's are possible with the new setup? Going with 373 gears, moser axles, truetrac, bogarts, mt slicks? Im running 12.2 now so I would have to shave 1.2 secs off...I just dont see that happening. I can see low 11's, but Im just not seeing 10's...I hope my tranny can survive the slicks.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you really think 10's are possible with the new setup? Going with 373 gears, moser axles, truetrac, bogarts, mt slicks? Im running 12.2 now so I would have to shave 1.2 secs off...I just dont see that happening. I can see low 11's, but Im just not seeing 10's...I hope my tranny can survive the slicks.

No not really. The gears should be good for a few tenths as well as the tires. I could say maybe mid 11's.

Yeah stock trans and rear here as well so far so good. Then again I dont use slicks and dont launch hard in effort to not break anything lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back