Got into the 10's with streets!

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
No not really. The gears should be good for a few tenths as well as the tires. I could say maybe mid 11's.

Yeah stock trans and rear here as well so far so good. Then again I dont use slicks and dont launch hard in effort to not break anything lol.

Thats what I was thinking...When and if I up the boost, 10's should be no problem. But I dont think 10's are possible with my current setup, even on slicks

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
haha, I know right! The rear axle is going to be built and the motor is fine for now...Right now tranny isnt looking too good...I guess we will see how she holds.

Stock 5 speed is all around pretty good trans, I have heard of them lasting well in some cars and given out in others. Slicks and hard launches will play hell on it for sure, especially with the TQ numbers you are pushing with KB.

Will be on borrowed time with slicks.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Stock 5 speed is all around pretty good trans, I have heard of them lasting well in some cars and given out in others. Slicks and hard launches will play hell on it for sure, especially with the TQ numbers you are pushing with KB.

Will be on borrowed time with slicks.

Yea, thats what I was referring too...On street tires, the stock tranny is good...On slicks - well, I might as well start lining up a tranny for it's place. This stang is gonna be a trailered drag queen if I dont stop trying to mod it...Not gonna be a comfortable weekend warrior much longer

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
No Auto will go in this car...I dont car if it is a little bit faster, I like driving manuals. I like being part of the machine when I drive...But ive been looking at the TR6060

I hear you there, I feel the same way. I will let you know how I like the TR6060 over the TR3650. I think the 6 speed is the way to go, has been in some of most ridiculous cars yet and has held up.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I hear you there, I feel the same way. I will let you know how I like the TR6060 over the TR3650. I think the 6 speed is the way to go, has been in some of most ridiculous cars yet and has held up.

When you get back from Brenspeed, we need to go to the track. Put your DR's on and I will run my slicks...We can get some one to video too...Would be awesome to see 2 11sec (or faster) mustangs battling it out..you'll get me, but I should put up a decent fight...You will have a good 100hp on me

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
When you get back from Brenspeed, we need to go to the track. Put your DR's on and I will run my slicks...We can get some one to video too...Would be awesome to see 2 11sec (or faster) mustangs battling it out..you'll get me, but I should put up a decent fight...You will have a good 100hp on me

I agree I think it would be awesome, you can have all the HP in the world and if you can't get it to the ground it is useless. It would definitely would be cool video I would love to have and post up for others to check out. We will have to do it, once I get everything broke in.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I agree I think it would be awesome, you can have all the HP in the world and if you can't get it to the ground it is useless. It would definitely would be cool video I would love to have and post up for others to check out. We will have to do it, once I get everything broke in.

Yea, but you shoulnt have any problem putting it to the ground...Just make sure the tires are nice and warm...We can invite GiJoe out too. Hopefully he will have his rear axle built by then so he can join us.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, but you shoulnt have any problem putting it to the ground...Just make sure the tires are nice and warm...We can invite GiJoe out too. Hopefully he will have his rear axle built by then so he can join us.

Would be really cool to have a group of us out there on the track. Would make for some great videos. Will have to post a invite on a thread and get some people interested in coming out, like you did with the meet we had.

I would love to see GiJoe car run with 800+ hp, will have to put him up against Matt's Mach 1. I think it would be a good race.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back