Got me a Coyote!

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
Needed something to play around with while I do a (long, slow) full build on my '08 and found a pretty good deal on this on the east coast. '11 GT base auto w/ 56K miles. I had a hard time buying the car without fully checking it out myself, but the dealer seemed decent enough and after talking long enough about it with the salesman and getting a clean carfax on it I decided what the hell. The dealer offers a buy back if I'm not satisfied once it's picked up and I was feeling frisky so I went for it. The car already has some Raxiom tail lights and an axleback on it, other than that...blank canvas. It is getting picked up by Mike Rousch tomorrow and going straight to his shop for a Black Vortech V3, Circle D 3C converter, DSS Driveshaft install and tune. Which, by the way, I can't say enough about Mike Rousch and his customer service. What a great guy to work with and excellent pricing for everything. If I hadn't contacted him first I'd be worrying about trying to get all that installed myself. I just don't have as much time in the garage anymore with work and he's definitely made it worth my while to have him do all the major work. Once I've got the car back here I'll be doing UCA/LCA's, 17x7/15x8 Dark Stars, and possibly a 4" cowl hood. Should be a fun little street/strip car to keep me happy while the '08 is down :snoopy

Attachments

• 11mustang3.jpg
    11mustang3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 11mustang4.jpg
    11mustang4.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 11mustang7.jpg
    11mustang7.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 11mustang15.jpg
    11mustang15.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 11mustang17.jpg
    11mustang17.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 126

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's a nice looking car. It also sounds like you already have a good plan for the mods. Nice.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
How much $$$ did you pick it up for? That's a solid start of mods. What is the plan for the 08'?

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats!

And I concur with Wileyot... We had a decked out 07 GT... And our 14 GT stock effortlessly outshines the 07 in every way possible. Heck I even have more headroom (About 1/2").

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pick up. I agree about Mike Rousch, his customer service is top notch and so is is tuning. Glad the word is getting out!

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
Very nice. Will look even better with the Dark Stars.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah I really like the Dark Stars with the Kona Blue. Gonna do a black Roush 7 bar grille, some black 5.0 Emblems and tint the windows/headlights as well...should all tie together nicely for the theme of the car.

It's a nice looking car. It also sounds like you already have a good plan for the mods. Nice.

Thanks! I've been considering this for a good 4 or 5 months now, so once I finally found a car I liked in my price range I already had a good plan set forward. Definitely made things easier once I decided to go through with it.

How much $$$ did you pick it up for? That's a solid start of mods. What is the plan for the 08'?

I paid $18,850 out the door for the car. It was the best deal I had found after about 5 months of looking. As for the '08, I'd really like to do a nice solid all around street build for that. Something I can have a lot of fun driving that looks/sounds good, handles well and hauls ass. Still a lot of research and planning going on, but I'm not gonna hold back at all on it. Here is a basic idea of a few things I'd like to do so far:

Short block build
Hi-flow 3V heads
2.9L Whipple or 2.3L TVS
T56 Magnum conversion, Twin Disc Clutch
BMR K-member/Full Suspension
TruTrac/Moser Axles
Black SVE 19x9.5 Drifts w/ Toyo R888's all the way around
Cowl hood, etc. etc. etc.

It'll be my first time doing a complete build so I'm going to take my time with it and make a good learning experience out of it. Plus with work now I'm hardly ever home and I don't have much time for stuff like this anymore. It'll probably be a long drawn-out build, so hopefully I won't lose interest.

You'll forget all about the 08.

I hope not, but that has definitely crossed my mind, haha. I guess if that happens I can always just demod and sell it. I've always had some sort of emotional attachment to my cars though. I always say I'm gonna sell a car and then when it comes down to it I can't bring myself to go through with it. Plus the '08 will be a manual vs. the '11 auto, and I'll like still being able to go out and row some gears when I want to. :crazy: We'll see...

Congrats!

And I concur with Wileyot... We had a decked out 07 GT... And our 14 GT stock effortlessly outshines the 07 in every way possible. Heck I even have more headroom (About 1/2").

Thanks! I guess only time will tell what happens with the '08, haha!

Nice pick up. I agree about Mike Rousch, his customer service is top notch and so is is tuning. Glad the word is getting out!

Thanks! Yeah, he has been excellent to work with. Makes things a lot more comfortable on my end, and after reading about his work with the 5.0 Auto cars on here it was an easy decision!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the car and on your choice of tuners, Mike is one of the best and really knows the automatics.

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Got a couple pics from Mike Rousch yesterday picking the car up. I'm getting antsy...:clap:

Attachments

• MG951756.jpg
    MG951756.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 58
  • MG954028.jpg
    MG954028.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 52
  • MG952683.jpg
    MG952683.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 52
  • MG955651.jpg
    MG955651.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 61

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
FINALLY able to update this post. Waited about 3 months on a gear case from Vortech. :tdown: Anyway, the car is all finished up. Just waiting on the shipping company to deliver it across the country.

I ended up going with a 4C converter instead of the 3C. The car made 568rwhp on a safe 91 octane tune. Should be plenty for a fun reliable street/strip car. I've got some UPR LCA's, UCA/mount and a set of 17x7/15x8 darkstars with some Mickey Thompson drag radials sitting in the garage ready to go on when it gets here. I'm a bit anxious about it to say the least, cannot wait to take this thing for a drive. I got a few more pics from Mike Rousch today - looks like he did an excellent job, as expected. More to come when the car arrives and new parts are on! :thumb2:

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 55

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back