got my car back.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Well, after burning out a valve on my 100K mile motor, I bought a 27K mile motor from Steve Poe. Got it installed last week and picked it up last night. It honestly runs a lot better than the last motor did and it is on the EXACT same tune. No adjusting at all. Fresher motor i suppose.

Problems I ran into after they turned the car over to me:

1) They forgot to gap my sparkplugs so the car was bogging on the low end and had no power on the top end. Got right down the road and noticed immediately something was wrong. Pulled into a parking lot to look around under the hood to see where a burning smell was coming from. Turned out to not be me. However, upon opening my hood, I noticed a huge fucking dent in my hood. They dropped my hood on the lifted engine and put a damn nipple in my hood.

Took the car back to them and they gapped the plugs. The guy that did the install acted like he had no idea how the dent happened. BULLSHIT. Either way, my tuner said he is gonna get somebody out to the shop to fix the dent. Didnt crack the paint so the heat and roll process should work.

Either way, my car is finally back in my hands and that was the worst month I've had in a while.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
what shop did the work?

PSI Motorsports. It wasnt pat's fault though. It was the new guy that he hired, atleast he told me he was the one that installed my motor. Very well may not have even realized he did it. Yall know how flimsy our hoods are. The important thing is that Pat said he was gonna take care of it.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, it's time to change your sig bud. Glad to hear it's back together.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let us know how PSI handles the hood issue. I've heard nothing but good things about Patrick, but it would be nice to hear they got ya fixed up. Would make me feel all warm and fuzzy about using them for my next round of mods/tune.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Let us know how PSI handles the hood issue. I've heard nothing but good things about Patrick, but it would be nice to hear they got ya fixed up. Would make me feel all warm and fuzzy about using them for my next round of mods/tune.

I know what you mean. He has done everything on my car from the end of '04 up until now. So you can say we've had a working relationship for almost 6 years now and havent had any problems with him. He always gave me killer deals and install was cheap as hell. Done around $20K in work at his shop between parts and labor. I would have hated to have to go somewhere else over a cheap ass hood dent. Pat's a good guy though, just busy as hell. You'd have a better chance of getting GOD on the phone than you do getting ahold of Pat. Good thing he has minions working for him now to take care of the office work.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
What motor did you put in? Are you upping the boost now?

just installed a fresh stock 3v and put all my stuff back on it. As soon as the funds are up again, I am taking my old block and putting forged internals in, as well as Stage 2 blower cams and ported and polished heads and GT500 fuel pumps. Then probably up the boost to around 16-18PSI and call it good.

Might throw in a 4R70W as well eventually, depends on how much DR'ing I will do in the years to come.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
congrats mac! time to build that long block up :beerdrink: i have similar plans but im gonna go with a SB.....

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
congrats mac! time to build that long block up :beerdrink: i have similar plans but im gonna go with a SB.....

i was too but i have way too many salvagable and usable pieces on the old motor. Should create equal results and save money at the same time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back