got my DOB R-SPEC!

Devcon 7

forum member
Reaction score
E4E22373-F89A-4CA0-A44C-99C16311E30B_zpsmanb8qrf.jpg

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Mocked up. Taking to get manifold polished tomorrow took a lot of discipline lol. Wanted to just drop it in. I still need parts from department of boost so can't run it yet anyway. Hopefully they send them soon

Even tho this is just the "little" 3.4L..thing is massive

output_zpsfdlu3ehc.jpg

output_zpslaxtiyjh.jpg

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Mocked up. Taking to get manifold polished tomorrow took a lot of discipline lol. Wanted to just drop it in. I still need parts from department of boost so can't run it yet anyway. Hopefully they send them soon

Even tho this is just the "little" 3.4L..thing is massive

output_zpsfdlu3ehc.jpg

output_zpslaxtiyjh.jpg

I would for a black heat dissipating coating with your color choices you have on the other parts. JMO

crownaviation

Reaction score
Fuck I want one now

Next mustang event in Wichita you should come check them out. Couple dob 450 guys here too. I tried to contact the Midwest street car guys for their dyno... never could get then to answer email or their phone lol. They have the best dyno within several hundred miles from me but with the whole tv thing they are impossible to reach. To bad on that but I totally understand.

Just going to rent a local dd that has been recently upgraded. Will see how that goes I guess. Lito is just waiting for me to finish things up.

When I get done and tuned I am pulling out all back out and doing a full engine bay detail (plug n paint) and a wire tuck

Last edited:

crownaviation

Reaction score
The manifold in ceramic? That would keep heat in.

Dohhh! Meant the pan.. Taking that to get ceramic coated. If I did not want to showcase the manifold I would have had it anodized black. Seen one that was done and looked wicked

Trying to chew gum and walk right now. Brain is too small to do both

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Crown I may have an in with the Midwest street guys... the guy that built my motor is there go to guy. He built the murder nova engine and works a looooot with chief on their stuff.

crownaviation

Reaction score
Crown I may have an in with the Midwest street guys... the guy that built my motor is there go to guy. He built the murder nova engine and works a looooot with chief on their stuff.

Going to do the break-in with smaller crank pulley and large upper. Once that is done and we are ready to let it eat that would be great.

Benefit to staying local initially is it is much easier to deal with snags if there are any. Something simple and stupid becomes a major pita when you are out of state lol

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I hear that. I'm still trying to find the best shop to deal with here in houston. There's so many it's hard to choose lol. I've spent like four days after work driving to shops to talk to people lol

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Dohhh! Meant the pan.. Taking that to get ceramic coated. If I did not want to showcase the manifold I would have had it anodized black. Seen one that was done and looked wicked

Trying to chew gum and walk right now. Brain is too small to do both

I did a test on pan coatings/shielding last week. The ceramic was effectively useless. So were the "film" type heat shields. They do something, like 0-5deg something. But not much.

DEI #050501 on the other hand is AMAZING! The pan interior ran 60-65deg cooler than everything else. It almost prevented all heat transfer. Use this.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dei-050501

And don't forget to grind you knock sensor pads down for more clearance.

crownaviation

Reaction score
I did a test on pan coatings/shielding last week. The ceramic was effectively useless. So were the "film" type heat shields. They do something, like 0-5deg something. But not much.

DEI #050501 on the other hand is AMAZING! The pan interior ran 60-65deg cooler than everything else. It almost prevented all heat transfer. Use this.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dei-050501

And don't forget to grind you knock sensor pads down for more clearance.

Thanks. I used that in the past. Did not expect it to be that much better

Already ground down the ks pads and trimmed for the alt. I did have to clearance the area in front for the manifold. The area between the heads.

The Fox Lake heads are hogged out ridiculous like the livernoise stage 3 so will have to be extremely careful when setting the manifold. I specifically told them NOT to do that but they did anyway.. not much room left for the intake to head gaskets. I may ditch the green gaskets and just seal the intake with rtv. Nice thing is I get a real clear picture using the phenolic spacer

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Thanks. I used that in the past. Did not expect it to be that much better

Already ground down the ks pads and trimmed for the alt. I did have to clearance the area in front for the manifold. The area between the heads.

The Fox Lake heads are hogged out ridiculous like the livernoise stage 3 so will have to be extremely careful when setting the manifold. I specifically told them NOT to do that but they did anyway.. not much room left for the intake to head gaskets. I may ditch the green gaskets and just seal the intake with rtv. Nice thing is I get a real clear picture using the phenolic spacer

Ewwwwww, I wouldn't RTV the manifold on. It may never come off. And the composite may not be too happy with being beat on to get it off.

Take some pics of the ports and how the gaskets line up. I would like to see them. As long as the gasket doesn't hang into the port you will be fine. O'rings work by being pushed into the outside of the groove. The inner wall for the O-ring doesn't do anything but hold it in there. It's very close to not being needed.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good to see people still developing stuff for the 3-valve and pushing its limits!

crownaviation

Reaction score
K. Will get you pics. I am going to get some short fasteners so I can to a quick test on the gaskets. It will be fine but I am going to scribe the heads where the gaskets line up best. That should help me place the manifold on install when I can't see the gaskets.

I will also test the limits on the plates adjustment to see if I "could" even get the gaskets out of limits. Doubt that also

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
K. Will get you pics. I am going to get some short fasteners so I can to a quick test on the gaskets. It will be fine but I am going to scribe the heads where the gaskets line up best. That should help me place the manifold on install when I can't see the gaskets.

I will also test the limits on the plates adjustment to see if I "could" even get the gaskets out of limits. Doubt that also

What's crazy is that we opened up the ports on the manifold over all the other stuff out there. I wish I trusted another O-ring like a trust the stock ones. It would be easy to widen the footprint on that gasket and run a custom O-ring. But if the wrong size O-ring is used, the wrong material, etc there will be huge problems. It would be real hard to test for.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back