GR40 ST on track

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
I see the Sport Cup's on the silver one.... What about the Blue one?

I fully believe what I see, I do that to "faster" cars all the time. :)

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I see the Sport Cup's on the silver one.... What about the Blue one?

I fully believe what I see, I do that to "faster" cars all the time. :)

All text copied from the vid, along with timing marks...

"You're riding on board a 2008 Mustang GT with 300HP, a Griggs Racing GR40ST suspension, and 4on4 brakes. With the exception of those modifications along with track wheels/tires and safety equipment the car is completely stock and is driven daily." (0:09)

"So with customer Filip Trajanek riding along we got the chance to run with two modified Corvette C6 Z06s. Both Corvettes were equipped with Stoptech brakes, BBS track wheels and Michelin Pilot Soort Cup tires. Both Corvettes were tuned and had 550HP." (0:19)

"After the event both Z06 owners had to know what was under my hood. The were pretty shocked to see a stock 4.6 3v. I did however get a few pictures of their cars." (9:25)

(Note, there is a JLT CAI installed, and it sounded like some exhaust mods were done, and I'm sure the tune was done on a dyno. -ed.)

At around 9:38 there is a pretty clean pic of the blue car with the Cup tires on it...

Happiness is lapping a Ferrari 308, and being held up by a Ford GT!

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Be interested to know what tires are on the Corvette? FWIW, the Z06 and a Z51 are not the same suspensions, the new Grand Sport and the Z06 are the same but the C6 Z51 is not.

Actually the Z06 and the grandsport are different, the Z06 is on a z06 unique aluminum frame whereas the Grandsport is on the base vette steel frame.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Not quite. If you're referring to the new 2010 C6 Grand Sport (not the Coupe) and its comparison to a 2010 Z06, then yes - they are very similar except for some key differences: C6 LS3 (6.2L 430 hp/424 tq) vs. Z06 LS7 (7.0L 505 hp/470 tq), the C6 weighs 140 lbs more (Z06 has carbon fiber components), and the Z06 has a aluminum frame vs. C6 steel. Now, if you're comparing a C6 Coupe with the Z51 performance option to the Z06, then we're talking about MANY significant differences....beyond the chassis, brakes, shocks, tires, etc.

Interesting comparison.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/08q4/2009_chevy_corvette_z51_z06_zr1-video

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score

C&D really stand for "Clueless and Democratic". They use the same principle, compare a good program to a lessor one and call the lesser one better because of imaginary benefits. The Z51 was over 2 seconds slower than the Z06 at this track. Car and Driver goes on to say the Z06 lacked "forgiving predictability", which tells me their drivers' a COWARD (lol)! and then says, "and since the base vette is so good at everything the Z06 has almost no reason to exist." LOL! Remember, magazines like C&D will rot your brain.

Last edited:

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
C&D really stand for "Clueless and Democratic". They use the same principle, compare a good program to a lessor one and call the lesser one better because of imaginary benefits. The Z51 was over 2 seconds slower than the Z06 at this track. Car and Driver goes on to say the Z06 lacked the "forgiving predictability", which tells me their drivers' a COWARD (lol)! and then says, "... and since the base vette is so good at everything the Z06 has almost no reason to exist." LOL! Remember, magazines like C&D will rot your brain.

I actually think there's more to it than that as I've heard this opinion from vette owners themselves. My two neighbors have vettes, a C6 Z06 and a C5 (who actually is the pres of the local vette club). He had a similar opinion of the C6 Z06.

Opinions...

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
You ALMOST got it right... Here in Chicago, it's "VOTE early, and often..."

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
i know this is kinda off topic of this but it is along the same lines but...

what do yall think about the GR-350 set up on a classic mustang

on the site they say it can go above and beyond the kit for our cars

it seems like that would be one of the better setups on a classic mustang that i know of

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back