Group Buy - 3M Paint Defender!

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be in for the right price...but I haven't heard of any first hand reviews of this stuff. I'm not going to make it a $200 experiment...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a downer. But do a search on the stuff. A lot of people are very dissatisfied with the way it lays and dispenses

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Guys, this isn't what most of you think it is...... This stuff is intended more for temporary purposes and is water soluble. It lasts about 6 mints max and is only about 1-2mil thick as ppf is 8mil thick. I know the product says 12 month but it will yellow and there's no UV protection from the product either.

It's not a bad product but its not worth the money or used for long term. Rain and washing the car will strip it from the car.

My good friend works for 3M as a sales rep and he explained the product to me and I trust his knowledge.

GTGHOST

Reformed Fuktard
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just talked to a 3M expert on the stuff - basically the application depends on how well the user understands the stuff - there are youtube video's showing how to apply properly - even if your a painter you will need to read and watch the video's since it is not a paint.

Also - they are only doing a sample on the stuff that is why you can only see them for sale on amazon and autozone - they will be ramping it up in december but are taking orders in October and will be shipping those out December 1st - dealerships are starting to call about the stuff and are making orders as we speak.

Cost for my company is $20.15 (after taxes) - right now they are not doing a volume order discount until the product is out for about 6-7 months.

But if you look at that your saving 4-5 bucks a can - so around $20 bucks you are saving since it takes 4 - 6 cans to do a car.

They are sold in a box of 4 cans per case

I would make the order in the first week in october for the stuff - If anyone is interested and can wait until december let me know - if not its cool. I know the time frame is ridiculous but there is nothing i can do about it. I would like to make an order of about 15 cases in october - anything less I will reconsider.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Its clear plasti-dip. Basically plasti-dip glossifier.

Sent from your moms room...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back