GT CS front and rear bumper

Menes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just got my hands on a set of GT/CS front and rear bumpers and was wondering if i needed any hardware for the install, some one told me i needed some long thin piece that allows the rear bumper to align right, is that true or anything else i need to get to put theses on

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You will need some rivets, a rivet gun and thats pretty much it. Did you get the bumpers new as a kit or used? One thing that is critical to the front bumper is the lower plastic panel that runs from one end to the other of the bottom inside of the bumper... without it you cant attach the spalsh shield that bolts to the bottom of the radiator core support. That plastic panel is crucial to the reinforcement of the bumper... I lost mine when I hit a blown out diesel truck tire and my bumper has been slowly going to crap. The rear bumper is pretty straight forward. You'll need to take the mounting bar off, which means grinding off rivets and using new ones.... I think I still have the installation destructions.... I will try and scan em out and shoot em to you... You should be able to get em too at your shop no???

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
The rear bumper is pretty straight forward. You'll need to take the mounting bar off, which means grinding off rivets and using new ones.... I think I still have the installation destructions.... I will try and scan em out and shoot em to you... You should be able to get em too at your shop no???

Why would you need to remove the mounting bar? I just pulled my GT one off the other night and it consisted of 6 screws, 4 nuts, and 3 push clips.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The mounting bar that goes across the inside of the bumper that has all the studs in it to mount the bumper to the body. Not the impact bar. If he didn't get the bumper with the kit, he may have to re-use that bar....

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I just got my hands on a set of GT/CS front and rear bumpers and was wondering if i needed any hardware for the install, some one told me i needed some long thin piece that allows the rear bumper to align right, is that true or anything else i need to get to put theses on

very curious i want to do this too, but i havent got the bumpers yet.

PM me with your email address and I can email you the installation procedures

BLVCKmamba

forum member
Reaction score
do you know where i can purchase the plastic piece that goes under the car so that the splash guards can attach properly? i just did the conversion and i need the plastic piece, i thought about using the original one from my gt bumper, but its 4" too short, i was thinking of making a cardboard template and cutting sheet metal to serve the same purpose??

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
do you know where i can purchase the plastic piece that goes under the car so that the splash guards can attach properly? i just did the conversion and i need the plastic piece, i thought about using the original one from my gt bumper, but its 4" too short, i was thinking of making a cardboard template and cutting sheet metal to serve the same purpose??

Make a template and make one bro. Ford is really proud of that piece... Cheapest I have seen it for is $125. That or buy a sheet of ABS plastic, a big square is like 35-40 bucks and out your handy hand to work... I threw on a GT500 splitter that served the purpose of that and providing protection of the actual bumper, which is the main reason I installed it...

BLVCKmamba

forum member
Reaction score
yea i need a gt500 splitter, i just hate how i can look at the front of the car and see pavement i want it to be closed off

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Sheetmetal would work and be a lot cheaper than Big Valley Ford. Sell me your stock one, I'm in Lodi. :beerchug2:

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
sure not like i need it. pm me what you'd want to give me for it not sure what shipping would be on it as its rather long, it attaches to your stock plastic piece and goes from that to the bumper. to make sure we are talking about the same thing i will try to get you a pic of it when i get home

BLVCKmamba

forum member
Reaction score
sure not like i need it. pm me what you'd want to give me for it not sure what shipping would be on it as its rather long, it attaches to your stock plastic piece and goes from that to the bumper. to make sure we are talking about the same thing i will try to get you a pic of it when i get home

Ok thanks

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
sorry bro didn't get around to taking the pic tonight will try to do it first thing in the morning before i head to school

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back