GT350 intake swap results!

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Is that really worth the $1200? Or you could spend a couple more doll hairs on the CJ manifold, intake and TB?

Can't fit the CJ without cutting the stock hood or lower motor mounts. Also, the $1200 is including the 87MM TB from the GT350 if I'm not mistaking? Definitely a lot of cheddar though.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Am I reading this right? No gain until 6800rpm?

GT350%20Dyno%20sheet.jpg

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Well if anyone wants to wait FRPP is going to release a kit with these. Might be a few bucks cheaper.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Am I reading this right? No gain until 6800rpm?

GT350%20Dyno%20sheet.jpg

Well it did achieve a whopping 3.7 rwtq. The hp at top end is more cuz the top end tq is not falling off as fast. Unless one plans to wind it up >6.8 krpm, it really doesn't buy you much.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
A few things to keep in mind.

These 2015's like to Rev. They also have the ECU to rev.

Not suffering in the low to mid range, but gaining massive power up top - is incredible.

If you are drag racing with this intake, you can now rev to 8K rpm, and fall into 6K+ rpm range on the shifts. This will make your avg power output down the track much higher, which is what counts.

If you ignore the peak 3.7 rwtq gains, but look at the massive TQ gains up top, that is what keeps the car moving and moving quickly.

RPM is king, and always will be. The higher the RPM (without HP falling hard) - the more TQ you have up top, which means the car will go faster.

I think this intake set-up is excellent. These cars need the RPM, and love the RPM, so give it to them! lol

FWIW, I take my TVS 2015 past 8K rpm, and it loves it. ;)

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

Not suffering in the low to mid range, but gaining massive power up top - is incredible.

If you are drag racing with this intake, you can now rev to 8K rpm, and fall into 6K+ rpm range on the shifts. This will make your avg power output down the track much higher, which is what counts.

If you ignore the peak 3.7 rwtq gains, but look at the massive TQ gains up top, that is what keeps the car moving and moving quickly.

RPM is king, and always will be. The higher the RPM (without HP falling hard) - the more TQ you have up top, which means the car will go faster.

I think this intake set-up is excellent. These cars need the RPM, and love the RPM, so give it to them! lol

What is the difference in rev limit on the 11-14 to the 15+?

Not to mention there are no losses anywhere in the RPM range, only gains.

Last edited:

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Just wondering how this will stack up against the CJ in cost and performance.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
What is the difference in rev limit on the 11-14 to the 15+?

Not to mention there are no losses anywhere in the RPM range, only gains.

To my knowledge, it is difficult to get shift points higher than aroun 7700-7800 in the 11-14 cars.

On the 15+ cars, you can get to 9K+ RPM from what I have seen. My car sees mid 8's....and I know Lund has seen 9200.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, it is difficult to get shift points higher than aroun 7700-7800 in the 11-14 cars.

On the 15+ cars, you can get to 9K+ RPM from what I have seen. My car sees mid 8's....and I know Lund has seen 9200.

For the A6 cars? Holy shcnikes dude that is unreal! Are you guys having to do anything in the valvetrain to sustain those numbers or is it basically just play with it until it breaks to test the limits and then go from there?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

The OP's eng needs to be re-dyno.....and this time take it out to 9200 rpm. That should be an eye opener.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Surprised at the gains, but did he also add a tune after changing the I.M.? Since the GT350, flat plane crank would have different intake timing, It seems to me that the I.M. tuning/acoustics would need to be different from conventional, and therefore not optimal for the Coyote motor??

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score

I've always said RPM wins races and people always look at me funny when I say it.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
The intake car now be had for $1050 through a 6g vendor including the TB. Doesn't have any loses like the CJ would have down low. I think it's a good bang for buck for anyone that uses the 6500-7500 rpm range often, which I do lol! This is definitely in my future along with longtubes or cat deletes.

PLee

forum member
Reaction score

We take our cars to 9k on the regular. :happythumbs:

Back