GT350 Oil pump and pan kit

STEVEB

Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading the oil pump on my 14 GT, Ford Performance offers the GT350 oil pump and oil pan as a complete kit, PN M-6675-M52.

The price is pretty reasonable for the kit and I'm wondering if anyone here has installed this on a Gen 1 engine?

Is it a worthwhile upgrade over the stock oil pump? The car is an automatic and is drag raced quite a bit.

Everything I've read here says swap out the opg's but this seems like a cost effective alternative because it is an automatic and the pump won't see the harmonics that a stick car would, I'm also installing long tubes, A circle D torque converter, upgrading the timing chain tensioners to Boss 302 and swapping out the factory harmonic balancer with an ATI.

Steve

travelers

Reaction score
First I would call Ford Performance and ask if the oil pump gears are billet. If so go for it, if not I would the upgraded gears. Your already have the front end off the motor so with the other mods your doing I would at least put the oil pump gears in at minimum. That's just about what I did with my car. Ford Racing oil pump, ATI, Boss chain tensioners, new modified front engine cover for Whipple 2.3. Mine is a stick and my headers were already on.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
If its similar to the '13 gt500 pump, the backplate is billet, but the gears are the regular gears.

I purchased the '13 pump housing for the billet backplate, and put in TSS gears inside for my built motor

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
if your going in that deep into the engine get the billet gears- so if you go to a 2 step/ trans brake this would help to minimize the risk of cracking the gears- if your never going to 2 step / trans brake the car upgrading all of the above is over kill. unless you have higher mileage on the pump and timing components. might as well do crank sprocket as well- if your going to go in that deep. then you will be set. this being said when my engine was stock I had 35-40 10+#'s of boost 7600 rpm rev limiter smacks while trying to get the tuning right on the lock up on the converter and never broke my gears- I have since upgraded to TSS opg & cs. along with better timing components

STEVEB

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I've checked with Ford Performance,even they recommend just going with billet gears and coincidentally they now offer the gears as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back