GT4Dino got kicked out from the track after first pass!!!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have Adam's icebox on the car now? I didn't see it in your mod list. I think at 15+ psi - it is a must have. Not just for the track. I'd bet with that huge water overflow, it would be a considerable difference on the street as well.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you have Adam's icebox on the car now? I didn't see it in your mod list. I think at 15+ psi - it is a must have. Not just for the track. I'd bet with that huge water overflow, it would be a considerable difference on the street as well.

Ya it's in there listed in my mods as Custom fabbed cool box.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it. Hmmm, very scary you are seeing high IAT's. That was my main problem on the turbo. Exactly what are you seeing when you datalog? I was seeing about 220º till I got up till about 60 mph.

Please keep me posted on your progress. I think the HE should help some, but I am very curious to see how much tuning is in play with these issues.

Either way, it's great to see you enjoying your car again. I've almost given up on my car ever being fixed, but I hope to see you at Irwindale some day....:beer:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it. Hmmm, very scary you are seeing high IAT's. That was my main problem on the turbo. Exactly what are you seeing when you datalog? I was seeing about 220º till I got up till about 60 mph.

Please keep me posted on your progress. I think the HE should help some, but I am very curious to see how much tuning is in play with these issues.

Either way, it's great to see you enjoying your car again. I've almost given up on my car ever being fixed, but I hope to see you at Irwindale some day....:beer:

They're nowhere near 220, I am not concerned by it at all; the HE upgrade is only for prolonged flogging:whip: Heck, that car put a smile on my face that is still hard to shake :clap: This car has barely scratched its potential as it sits....I don't know of too many 15# cars running safely on CA's 91 crap gas daily either. + sucker got 23.7mpg on the 71mile trip to Irwindale :victory: So, no, I'm not concerned, and yes looking forward to seeing you at the track too!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They're nowhere near 220, I am not concerned by it at all; the HE upgrade is only for prolonged flogging:whip: Heck, that car put a smile on my face that is still hard to shake :clap: This car has barely scratched its potential as it sits....I don't know of too many 15# cars running safely on CA's 91 crap gas daily either. + sucker got 23.7mpg on the 71mile trip to Irwindale :victory: So, no, I'm not concerned, and yes looking forward to seeing you at the track too!!

That's friggin awesome!:rock: Yeah, I don't think that H/O is even breaking a sweat until 20 psi.That's good, I thought you were seeing higher IAT's. The track shouldn't be an issue at all I would think just long cruising might take it's toll. The HE will probably do some good. Amazing you're running on Pump gas. I can't wait to give mine a try!!:rock:

I'm planning on doing just that for awhile (#15 on pump). Our cars should be a great line up together and a little birdie told me it may be pretty soon...:clap:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Dean,

I was just looking at some old time slips from my 1967 mustang---one had an 1/8mile ET of 7.047 @ 100mph---1/4 ET was a 10.98. I think you have a ten second ride daily dirver!!
:allhail:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Dean,

I was just looking at some old time slips from my 1967 mustang---one had an 1/8mile ET of 7.047 @ 100mph---1/4 ET was a 10.98. I think you have a ten second ride daily dirver!!
:allhail:

I think you're right Paul; I definitely am thankful for the outcome, and the future is looking good too.

side note**we'll be taking it to LACR Wednesday for it's first 1\4 mile pass. Brandy want a heads up shot at my car:poke: so, if you're free come join us.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back