Gt500 fuel pumps

trickflow1987

Reaction score
I have a set of gt500 fuel pumps and fuel modular. Wonder if you can buy just the harness to put theses pumps in Gt. Can someone point me in the right direction. Also how much boost with the stock pumps good for? Thanks

46addict

Reaction score
The stock GT harness and module can work with the GT500 pumps and I've seen them support 550whp with 47lb injectors on 93 octane. But your mileage may vary and you should really log your duty cycles instead of taking numbers from the internet. And FYI pumps and injectors are limited by power level and the type of fuel you use, not boost pressure. Boost is simply a measure of restriction.

If you choose to run a dual fpdm setup it will need to be wired like the schematic below, or something similar to it.

dual_FPDM_wiring.jpg

trickflow1987

Reaction score
I have a m122 blower and a roush lower heat exchanger and 50psi injectors and full exhaust. I'm hoping that stock pumps could handle it. What is the purpose for the second fpim?

46addict

Reaction score
The M122 will break the engine internals before it will require GT500 pump upgrade. The purpose of running two fpdms is to have one fpdm per pump, since the GT500 hat assembly comes with two pumps and one fpdm is not designed to handle the load of two pumps. Not only that, the connector in the stock harness won't work. But with your injectors, a single 405lph pump or a boost a pump (which is a voltage amplifier) wired into the stock pump should be just fine on a stock engine.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I have an extra FPDM for sale, if interested in going dual pumps

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a set of gt500 fuel pumps and fuel modular. Wonder if you can buy just the harness to put theses pumps in Gt. Can someone point me in the right direction. Also how much boost with the stock pumps good for? Thanks

The stock GT/V6 fuel pump I would not run with a boosted setup, you will quickly run out of fuel. But to answer your question. 4-5psi / 400rwhp you will max the stock fuel pump. Also no I don't believe you can buy just the harness anymore, you would have to fabricate it iaw the diagram posted.

And FYI pumps and injectors are limited by power level and the type of fuel you use, not boost pressure. Boost is simply a measure of restriction.

Not exactly, that is a misnomer, boost pressure in the manifold does play a role in fuel pump output (flow) since delta pressure in the rails has to raise so the injector can overcome the boost in the manifold while still supplying the correct amount of fuel each pulse. The higher the pressure the pumps are putting out the less they flow, and that in turn affects power level achievable. If you can make more power with less boost you tax the fuel system less.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back