GT500 Pedal Install Question?!?!

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of new GT500 aluminum pedals from another member. They didn't come with instructions...but I didnt' think that was a big deal.

The clutch/brake pedals are no biggie...they just slip off and you slip the new ones on. PITA...but simple.

The gas pedal looks as though you have to drill holes in the stock pedal and bolt it on....is this right??

RH

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
These don't. They are acutal Ford parts...there is a raised boss that is threaded and came with screws in them.

Most of the aftermarket ones I've researched used double sided tape.

RH

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
wtf? maybe you can drill holes in your stock one and space the gt500 one to be level with the brake

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's pretty thin. If I drill the stock pedal I think it will fit flush with the others.

I looked some up on eBay. There is a guy on there selling both types...the bolt on and the double sided tape kind. He says both are OEM Ford.

I think I'll remove the pedal assembly that way I stand a better chance of getting it halfway straight...lol.

Wish me luck!

RH

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's pretty thin. If I drill the stock pedal I think it will fit flush with the others.

I looked some up on eBay. There is a guy on there selling both types...the bolt on and the double sided tape kind. He says both are OEM Ford.

I think I'll remove the pedal assembly that way I stand a better chance of getting it halfway straight...lol.

Wish me luck!

RH

Does the original pedal have those same to screws holding it onto the lever arm? If so, when you remove the pedal assembly, you can easily exchange them then.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does the original pedal have those same to screws holding it onto the lever arm? If so, when you remove the pedal assembly, you can easily exchange them then.

Nope...checked that already. An ebay seller let me know that I do infact have to drill the pedals. I think I'd rather have them that way other than being taped on.

RH

06Stang

Saleen Supercharged
Reaction score
I just had to do this with the ones I ordered for my girlfriends car. get a drill bit and drill holes in the stock pedal. Easy. JUST DO NOT TIGHTEN THE BOLTS TOO HARD. Those little things on the pedal snap like nothing.

I got the instructions from ninosport. contact them if you want the whole guide.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
i recently installed a similar set

i had to drill the brake and clutch pedal

if you arent going to remove the whole pedal arm

be sure to put a piece of wood behind the pedals because obviously they move around while you are drilling them.. can get to be a real pain to get something to stay back there though.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I installed a set of the ford ones you have to drill the holes in the gas pedal...
The rest slipped on (it's a bitch to get them on)

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Old thread...but thanks for the insight guys. I actually bought a gas pedal assembly from a Shelby up at Bowling Green for $20. The Shelby ones have the mounting holes and extra material cast into the plastic portion of the pedal.

RH

braupe

Resident Diabetic...
Reaction score
I just installed a set of these. Mine came with 3m double sided tape for the gas. As far as the brake and gas mine were stiff and a PITA. So I placed them inside the muffler tips for about 2 mins. (I didnt feel like boiling them) Worked like a charm.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
When I installed mine on the brake and clutch pedals I soaked the pedal covers in real hot water for a few minutes. I also made a hook tool out of a coat hanger. Get all 3 sides on the use the hook tool for the 4th. corner. Went on real easy. The gas pedal has been on since 08 with double sided tape, no issues so far.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back