GT500 upgrades on a v6?

Autobot

Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of mine is selling a lot of takeoff suspension stuff for a gt500. mainly, the springs, shocks ,front coil over struts and tower brace. Will these work on an 06 v6? I also have a set of Saleen rear shocks i want to put on( but i know these wont work with stock springs.

Also, what about the gt500 Chin spoiler?

Thanks so much in advance

ct07gt

forum member
Reaction score
The suspension parts should all fit, but they are not really designed for your car. The front end on a GT500 is a lot heavier. If he is your friend you might try the stuff out and see if you like it, but it is definitely not the ideal setup. I don't think the chin spoiler will fit.

Autobot

Reaction score
So not worth the $100 or so? Should have said an acquaintance.

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
Take the tower brace if you dont already have one, leave the rest

ct07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, the strut tower brace would be fine. If you are paying for the other stuff, forget it. The only takeoff parts that might help you would be some GT sway bars. They should be pretty much free. I think I sold my GT suspension parts for like $20 because the guy came and got it. The market is pretty flooded with the stuff.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
the shocks, struts and brace are cool. you can put your frt springs on those struts. if the strut mounts dont have many miles on them, those are good, but you should just get new ones. i have the gt500 mounts on my gt stuts. new takeoff gt struts are around $69 and new gt shocks are $40

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back