Guess the HORSEPOWER!! Upcoming dyno day the 28th

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Well, the time has come to have the car dyno again on the 28th. Been looking forward too this for awhile now. It has been a very interesting road to this point with a lot of twist and turns that I was not expecting on the way. It has been set with break downs and delays at every turn. Hopefully straighter roads are in front of me now from this point...

Fingers crossed!!

Me and a good buddy of my (BoostedGT480) will be on the road with Mustangs in tow this Saturday morning set for Birmingham. We will have some highly modifed Mustangs set to make some high boost, high horsepower runs on the dyno. To just see what they are capable of at WOT on the dyno.

Wish us luck, with no break downs and zero problems. :helpme:

Would love to see some of your guys opinions of what the car will make top end horsepower/torque?

P8130121.jpg

My build specs:

Fuel : E85

Stroker 302
CP pistons 9.5:1
Hell Fire Rings
Manley Pro I-beam rods
Forged crank
Livernois stage 2 heads
Comp Cams 127350
ARP fasteners, top and bottom
LT Mac headers, Pro chamber mid, no mufflers
Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth
2 3/4" Pulley
ST Motorsports stand alone 10 rib belt kit.
8.5" 10 rib overdrive crank (more than 18%)
Fore Triple hat, return style
Deatschwerks 300+ pumps x3
ID2000 injectors
6 gallon intercooler tank

gt7-1.jpg

Will get BoostedGT480 to post up his specs! He is going to have change the 480 after this, no doubt, long past that.

BoostedGT480 spec :

324ci Boss Big Bore block
Stock heads with Comp 127300's
All forged internals / all arp
KB 2.6 w/ 2.5" pulley (approx 19-20psi)
IW 10% OD 8 rib conversion
Meziere elec. water pump
FRPP twin 62mm TB
Kooks headers 3" piping w/ offroad x
gt500 fuel pumps w/ dual BAP
80# SD injectors
6 gallon ice box for SC w/ afco h/e with dual elec fans

Also, stock 5speed w/ billetalum flywheel, spec 3 clutch, 4" Alum driveshaft, built rear w/ 3.73's _____________

Last time I made 798rwhp and over 800tq. Keep in mind I blew the head gasket and lifted the head on these runs on the dyno. This was after we found a boost leak at 17lbs and the next few runs we seen 28lbs of boost. After we fixed the leak and made full boost we seen evidence that the head was lifting and throwing a ton of boost in the coolant system and still made the numbers in my sig. So the feeling is that I was running a lot less than it had in her last time from the head leaking.

Also keep in mind I was running a 2 3/4" pulley and a 18% overdrive on a regular 8 rib Kenne Bell serpentine belt setup. Going to be alittle different this time around and should see some number past 30lbs of boost. Max rpms and then some of a KB 2.8 blower this time. going to see what one can make at the max. Also a step up in fuel Injectors from the ID1000's to the ID2000's and new pumps from the last time.

So let's here your guess and wish us luck at keeping it all together?

Last edited:

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score

Would be a sick amount of torque. Told my wife I would never be done with the car until it scared old people and kids alike. I think that would be getting it there.... LOL... Just nasty..

This might be true.... 8.02.... Hahahaha With my luck..... :omfg:

I know, don't like guess my HP threads... Been here long enough to know that. More of wish us luck and give us a guess to see who might be closes.

Going to give it a shot anyways.... Never know, might stay running.... LOL

Last edited:

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I will be there as well, and here are my mods

324ci Boss Big Bore block
Stock heads with Comp 127300's
All forged internals / all arp
KB 2.6 w/ 2.5" pulley (approx 19-20psi)
IW 10% OD
8 rib conversion
Meziere elec. water pump
FRPP twin 62mm TB
Kooks headers
3" piping w/ offroad x
gt500 fuel pumps w/ dual BAP
80# SD injectors
6 gallon ice box for SC w/ afco h/e with dual elec fans

Also, stock 5speed w/ billet alum flywheel, spec 3 clutch, 4" Alum driveshaft, built rear w/ 3.73's

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
All I can guess is ALOT!!!!

Please take quality videos. I'd love to see 8-900HP/TQ on yalls Mustangs with good footage.:clap:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck to both of you. Both should have some pretty impressive numbers. Any plans to take them to the track after the dyno tuning if everything checks out ok?

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
All I can guess is ALOT!!!!

Please take quality videos. I'd love to see 8-900HP/TQ on yalls Mustangs with good footage.:clap:

Will do... Nothing beats good pics and video, other...... Than... Seeing it in person.

Good luck to both of you. Both should have some pretty impressive numbers. Any plans to take them to the track after the dyno tuning if everything checks out ok?

Thanks, appericate that coming from you. Love your big block stang and always follow all the videos you post up. I know a good friend of my is following in your foot steps right now. Very anxious to see how it turns out for him.

As for the track. I plan on tring to get involved in some of the events in the future. Not sure how serious I will get about it, will see. Feel like a waste not too.

S197/zx14

forum member
Reaction score
886hp 904tq on Sherrod
754hp 775tq on boosted

Lol random guesses as I really have no idea but good luck to both of y'all.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
It is gonna be a shit load of horsepower that day....lol......Ready to see the numbers that both of you guys put down......Are you guys coming to the World of Wheels on February 10th-12th at the BJCC......My car will be there in the show??

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back