Gutting mac catted prochamber vs O/R H

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Just so we're on the same page, in what way are you referring to placing a tape measure on top of a procahmber.. Are you requesting measurements/dimensions ? Be a bit more specific :shrug:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering if the dims of the 4.6 chamber vary from the 5.0 original detailed in the expired patent document. Probably not. I'm making one if I order the 1.75 primary child labor headers.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the outside dimensions of the 4.6 3v mustang Mac prochamber varied from the fox chassis mustang 5.0 original mac prochamber that is detailed in the expired patent document available for viewing by anyone online. Probably not.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Okay now we're on the same page, as I misinterpreted your definition.. So I'll go ahead and post the measurements for my prochamber shortly.. Just keep in mind that it's not on my car just yet.. In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to clarify :waytogo:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, don't have a computer at home right now. Typing on the phone is profoundly aggravating.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Measurements/dimensions of my prochamber..

Length: 6 and 7/8"
Width: 8 and 7/8"
Depth: 3 and 7/8"

Here's also attached images..

Attachments

• 000_0114.jpg
    000_0114.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Prochamber.jpg
    Prochamber.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 8

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Update.. Spoke with Manny from Mac performance regarding the design of the prochamber.. According to his description, the prochamber is NOT a resonator nor is designed to dampen or cancel sound frequencies associated with resonance drone.. The Prochamber's sole purpose is to increase torque and HP by merging the exhaust pulses/gases into one area in order to smooth out the exhaust pulses and improve exhaust velocity and flow.. Also the Prochamber design has no tubing in it's enclosure whatsoever, but rather uses 3 reflector plates instead to help balance exhaust gases for optimal power..

At any rate, that was the info provided straight from the manufacturer..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back