Has anyone used a "Turbo" style muffler

doroyce05

Reaction score
maybe keeping everything stock will keep it quit. i mean stock h-pipe and stock pipes. just getting rid of muffler and adding glasspack in the middle. i guess what im saying staying with factory cats and h-pipe should keep it quieter......right?

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
maybe keeping everything stock will keep it quit. i mean stock h-pipe and stock pipes. just getting rid of muffler and adding glasspack in the middle. i guess what im saying staying with factory cats and h-pipe should keep it quieter......right?

Yeah, it will be much quieter that way.

doroyce05

Reaction score
any estimate on how much this should run me on install? i could probably get the glasspack for around $80 for both. there shouldn't be any big custom work right?

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I couldn't even begin to guess at an install price. I did the work myself. The H-pipe will need to be shortened to accommodate the mufflers that is the hardest part of the install.

doroyce05

Reaction score
hmmm......i really need to find a place in san antonio that will weld and do my own designs hehehe.

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Dynomax race bullet muffler with pypes muffler delete. Sounds really good. No sound clip though.

Dynomax-WLK-24215-2.jpg

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Dynomax race bullet muffler with pypes muffler delete. Sounds really good. No sound clip though.

Dynomax-WLK-24215-2.jpg

I had those for about a day. They were way too loud for my taste. They might sound good on a car with stock cats though. With the O/R X I couldn't handle the noise.

ROUSH STAGE 4

ANIL8R
Reaction score
Sound clip

Is there any way I could beg and plead with you to make a video of that setup??? I have the mid muffler setup and I just had a Magnaflow oval muffler with single 3" in to dual 2 1/2" out installed. I was trying to get the old school 5.0 sound....It just made it quieter, and MAYBE slightly lower, but not much. The shop where I had the work done had the bullets, I guess that might have been a better option. It's been hard for me to find a great sounding setup with the turbo.

Last edited:

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Is there any way I could beg and plead with you to make a video of that setup??? I have the mid muffler setup and I just had a Magnaflow oval muffler with single 3" in to dual 2 1/2" out installed. I was trying to get the old school 5.0 sound....It just made it quieter, and MAYBE slightly lower, but not much. The shop where I had the work done had the bullets, I guess that might have been a better option. It's been hard for me to find a great sounding setup with the turbo.
I'll try to make a video/sound clip in the next couple days.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
My car is ultra quiet with the turbo. If I'm standing about 15 feet away I can't even tell if it's running. It's quieter than stock...

On a turbo car, I think the dynomax race bullets would sound great. On any other car, you might as well have open headers.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea i deff find a turbo car tames the exhaust alot hell i had straight pipes for a while with the turbo and it sounded just a lil louder than stock before turbo you couldn't hear yourself think lol , i will probably add a 3" race muffler in my downpipe before it splits to the duals and try that see how it sounds but gotta get my deletes bent ( got my stockers back on at the moment )

doroyce05

Reaction score
i searched for some stock exhaust pics and having the glass pack in the mid-muffler style will only allow me to have them right before the stock H-pipe. reasoning for it is because they are angling out then a set of straight pipre to the sensors. i dont really like the very loud exhaust. i just want a deeper sound than stock.

which one will give me the sound i'm looking for? glass pack right after the sensors or after the straight pipes after the sensors but before the H-pipe. remember that im just going to a muffler shop to get it done. i will have them do a muffler delete which will be from the stock pipes right after the h-pipe.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
If you have stock cats, I'd have the mufflers put in after the H but before the axle. It won't be too loud, the cats will quiet it down a lot.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back