Headed to New York

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I plan on doing as much walking as i can to save some $$$. I know ill have to get a cab from the air port to the hotel though. Was thinking about taking the subway to the game, but the game is at 7.05, so im sure it would pretty crowded down there.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if you go at game time, yes it will be crowed, you could go 2 hours early and check out the stadium. Subway is the best way to get there IMO

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yea i want to get there early enough to tour the stadium. How early do the gates open? I wouldnt mind getting there around 4.30 or 5.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
theres a hard rock cafe in the stadium if you want to go early and grab a bite to eat

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sweet. That's good to know.

Has anyone ever been to a game on a Monday night? How is the crowd? I figure it to be busy.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
What's the cheapest price on Yankee tickets? I can get outfield seats for $20 here for dodger games but figured Yankee games would cost and arm and a leg. I wouldn't mind checking out the stadium and maybe catching a game while we go down there too.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
check the yankee website, I think you can get some for less then $30

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Our tickets were a little high. This might be my only trip to NY so i got some decent seats. It was $110 per ticket. We are on the 1st base side on the 6th row, section 110. Bought our tickets off of Stub Hub.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a dodger fan so I'd be damned if I pay $100+ for Yankee tickets :roflmao: all I want to do is piss inside their stadium Haha

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
lmfao. Thats some funny shit right there. I'm a Yankees fan so i dont mind spending the cash.

I really want to hit up all the MLB stadiums before im 30. Being a baseball fan in general, i would pay $100 at any stadium to watch a good game.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
^^ thats not bad at all. you can get bleacher seats for about $15 depending on who they are playing. i bought a season package for all the friday night home games myself

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
lmfao. Thats some funny shit right there. I'm a Yankees fan so i dont mind spending the cash.

I really want to hit up all the MLB stadiums before im 30. Being a baseball fan in general, i would pay $100 at any stadium to watch a good game.

I'm a big baseball fan also and enjoy a good game no matter who is playing. Just not sure exactly how much this trip is going to run us besides the plane tockets and hotel room we got for the week and want to budget some cash for other stuff during the week. $100 for those seats isn't that bad actually. I might look at stub hub and see what I can find for that price range also.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I know I have already spent a little over $2000. That is for the flight, hotel, and the tickets to the game.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Any tips on getting discounted broadway show tickets??? My fiance really wants to catch a show while we're there. I heard people have to wait for hours for discounted tickets

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are two ways - the "TKTS" booth @ Duffy Square in the Times Square area sells tickets at discounted rates, you do have to wait in line.

Also many theaters release a small number of tickets an hour before the show (iirc) at very cheap prices.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
There are two ways - the "TKTS" booth @ Duffy Square in the Times Square area sells tickets at discounted rates, you do have to wait in line.

Also many theaters release a small number of tickets an hour before the show (iirc) at very cheap prices.

Thanks man. Trying to start planning what we're going to do each day there so we have a day set apart for each thing we want to do.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question, but Im a jeans a t-shirt guy. Is it too cold weather wise to walk around like that all day? Or are sweaters or jacket a must?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back