Headers and Intake Question?

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
So I'm looking into doing some Intake and Exhaust work. Just want to know what you guys think about Kooks Inch and five eighths long tube headers. Its a complete kit with high flow cats.

Theres two different styles. H pipe and X pipe. Whats the diff? and will I also need a cat back exhaust system to complete it? Suggestions?

I'll be pairing it up with Steeda's ultimate induction kit. Steeda CAI and SCT X-Cal 3.

Whats your thoughts, good combo? I'm looking to make it louder across all RPM ranges but not completely retarded.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
CJ Pony Parts is having 15% off this weekend, look into the MAC's and a Prochamber. Fact, anyone buying a MAC LT setup should look there. Kooks are better, but much more $$$, same design, not quality. H Pipe is throatier, X Pipe is raspier but may make a little more power, so I read.

I think you should get a set of Borla ATAK mufflers, and hate them and put them up for sale in here so I can buy them and try them at a discount.
:beerdrink:
Most popular here are Corsa, Borla S-Type, FRPP Stingers, Magnapacks, Bassani, too many choices. Read the signatures and poll in your head, listend to YouTube. I will have a set of SLP Loudmouths going up soon for cheap, I like them on stock exhaust.

Ask your future tuner about the CAI, there isn't much data out there on this subject but the guys on the dynos have helped me.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kooks exhuast is the one of the best out there your money can buy. X pipe is meaner and raspier, h-pipe is deeper/tonier lol, x pipe will make a little more power generaly.

No you dont need a "catback" this system will bolt to the stock over axle pipe.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I put the Kooks headers with H pipe and high flow cats on my '08 GT and got great results.

2008%20Mustang%20Dyno-1024.jpg

Blue is 100% stock
Red is with the Steeda CAI and 91 octane tune.
Green is with the Steeda intake, 91 octane tune,and Kooks headers with H pipe and cats.
I used the stock over axle pipes and stock mufflers. The car was louder through the entire RPM range, but not obnoxiously loud.

I was so happy with the results that I went with the same setup, but X pipe instead of H pipe on my '05 GT.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back