Heading to the track

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Heading to the track (times posted)

Well finally going to get the car to the track. Heading down to Milan mi for test and tune tonight.

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Is this your first trip with the blower? I hope you have some DRs your gonna need them. LOL In case you havnt run before, TC off, O/D off, second gear burnout. If you dont have a catch can for you trans you could lose some fluid depending on how many runs you take. Just look for the tell tale puddle the next morning under your car. I imagine you will run in roll bar territory.....good luck and have fun.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Cool story bro.

How much is it to run? Maybe I'll come down.

No idea..I will check the site. We should be there about 6pm.

Is this your first trip with the blower? I hope you have some DRs your gonna need them. LOL In case you havnt run before, TC off, O/D off, second gear burnout. If you dont have a catch can for you trans you could lose some fluid depending on how many runs you take. Just look for the tell tale puddle the next morning under your car. I imagine you will run in roll bar territory.....good luck and have fun.

Yes first time to the track. I am running MandH 275x18 DRs. Thank you for the advice and encouragement . I will post how I did tonight when I get home. Hope to not embarrass myself , my car and my tuner.

Last edited by a moderator:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
You will not embarrass yourself at all. Most important thing is O/D off, TC off. Drive through the water box, (not in the water box), then brake stand a second gear burnout for at least 5 seconds. You want 40 mph on the speedo to get those tires heated properly so watch your revs. If you have never done that before you just pump the gas pedal. Dont floor it and hold it.....LOL.....you will hit redline that way. If you have never staged your car before watch how other cars do it before you make a run. Your car will make the run smoothly. People who have driven my car cannot believe how easily and smoothly it runs down the track. You will have a blast and its normal to feel apprehensive before your first run. My track requires long pants, helmet, shoes and no tank tops. Be prepared. I also have to wear a fireproof jacket since my blower is aftermarket but lots of tracks dont check for that so you will probably be ok there.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Goodluck....

Thank you!

Well I bought a helmet and my friend just emailed about wearing long pants..I have to change since I was going to wear shorts..lol
Thanks for all the tips. The guy am going with has gone to the track quite abit so that will help.

You will not embarrass yourself at all. Most important thing is O/D off, TC off. Drive through the water box, (not in the water box), then brake stand a second gear burnout for at least 5 seconds. You want 40 mph on the speedo to get those tires heated properly so watch your revs. If you have never done that before you just pump the gas pedal. Dont floor it and hold it.....LOL.....you will hit redline that way. If you have never staged your car before watch how other cars do it before you make a run. Your car will make the run smoothly. People who have driven my car cannot believe how easily and smoothly it runs down the track. You will have a blast and its normal to feel apprehensive before your first run. My track requires long pants, helmet, shoes and no tank tops. Be prepared. I also have to wear a fireproof jacket since my blower is aftermarket but lots of tracks dont check for that so you will probably be ok there.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you have a fire jacket? NHRA regs require one for a aftermarket blower.

Also on your burnout, you want to see 55-60 MPH for 3-4 seconds, that will get proper heat into the tires.

good luck

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just scooped up a fire jacket, but last time I was at the track, they didn't bother me for it. But then again, I told them I was stock and they let me through with out checking anything:naughty1:

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I don't not think this track requires the jacket. My friend who i am going down there with tonight did not have to have one last time...But I guess i will see what they say tonight. I hope they don't as it is a 2 hour drive down.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I thought that was for sub 9 sec cars,not 11-10 sec cars

Don't quote me here..

Think there are also Jacket rules for 11.49 or faster provided you do not have an altered firewall etc (then you need one anyway). You will also need a minimum of 5pt rollbar if lower than 11.49 for a coupe (vert is 13.49). Not sure if the blower was meant for your car as it technically is a OEM kit. Doubt Tech would never know anyway.. If you have a big ass 1071 sticking out of the hood then yeah, they will notice

I just wear it anyway.. have seen more fires than I care to. Gloves are not required till 9.99 or 140mph IIRC. Not sure on the speed but I get kicked out if I go below 10.0 with my 6pt bar anyway lol.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the faster you go the more equipment is required. However there are some rules that come in before a ET

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
the faster you go the more equipment is required. However there are some rules that come in before a ET

^^^ You need a safety loop if on DR's etc.. Battery in stock location?

Some tracks tech harder than others too. If it is like a test n tune then they are less likely to bust your balls depending on where you go. If they see some low/fast numbers they may seek and destroy lol.

I noticed the batt relocation in your sig.. If tech is paying attention you will also need a batt disconnect that will shut the whole car off (including engine) and they may make you demonstrate it if they don't know you.

My tech guys did not notice it for about two weekends lol.. then they made me install one.

rayS197

Reaction score
Good luck and have fun . Waiting to hear the results. You could also leave it in Drive and do a burnout and watch the mph to 55-60 for a few seconds. I angle my mirrors down so I can see the rear tires smoke.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back