Headlight rejuvenation?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I have little scuffs and scratches from bugs and such on my headlights. Is there any way to bring these back to life or is it just a lost cause and better to find some new ones?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
yea im just not familiar with any kits that actually work. Just dont wanna waste money if I dont have to

javdog07c/s

forum member
Reaction score
sounds weird but some people are using toothpaste with very good results, look it up on YouTube, and it wont cost you much if you have some at home. Good luck

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I just used the 3m kit that attaches to your drill. I took the headlights off the car to get the best results and I am very happy with the outcome. My headlights were 7 years old and slowly fading.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-Headlight-Restoration-Kit/13023890

I recently bought a '99 Miata for autocross/track duty, and the headlights were pretty rough. I went to Harbor Freight with a 20% off coupon, and got the exact 3M kit for under $20. After using this product, my headlights look like new again. And there was enough product and materials left over to do the headlights on my mom's old Taurus. I HIGHLY recommend this for an easy, cheap fix.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Im gonna give it a shot and see if it does the trick. Mine arent faded I just wanna see if I can get some of these scuffs out and such.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
That should do the trick. IIRC, there are two different sanding discs, a 500 and an 800, and then a polishing disc and a finishing disc. I think it's a four step process, but it yours aren't bad, you may could even skip the 500 sanding stage and maybe even go right to the polishing disc to get out small surface scratches. I wish that I had taken before and after pics, especially of my mom's Taurus. It really was amazing.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
after you get you headlights fixed then get the pre cut laminx to protect them.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
We can make them look new. We can tent them or just leave them clear. And you take care of them the same way you take care of the paint on your car. You can even buff it if it gets little scratches on them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back