Heads on 5.4 (4 valve)

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten any big increases from Head swaps on the GT500 5.4 blower motors if the blower has been upgraded to a 2.9 Whipple or similiar blower?

blacknlte

Reaction score
Theres a increase to be had, but what are you willing to spend to get it and is it worth it.

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
Yea, that is the big question, I see the some heads out there around $3000. Are people getting 50 to 100 HP increases?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Like pappy said above paired with a good set of cams and an aftermarket blower you would see gains to back up the dollar amount.....Livernois, Foxlake, or JPC could help you in this deptarment if you had any further questions.

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
Do you think Comp Stage 2 cam would be enough?

The comps would definitely be enough, but are going to hurt your driveability a bit from what I heard. I think Justin @ VMP is running those cams on the stock bottom end with stock heads and his 2.3L TVS, he has a thread in here and made 816 rwhp on C16. You might want to swap out your 2.9 for a 3.4 if you want to go higher... and get some better rods.

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
Yea, New Rods is definetely on the list. What rods do most seem to be going with?

blacknlte

Reaction score
Yea, New Rods is definetely on the list. What rods do most seem to be going with?

Best thing to do is pick a builder that YOU like and go with what they recommend to you to get you where you want to be. Asking alot of question is a great way to gain info but ask one question and youll get 10 different answers. lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back