Helion is on car

onebad95

forum member
Reaction score
Well, the turbo kit is on the car and I want to thank Chris at Pro Tree Performance in Hudson NH for the great install. Dana runs a great shop there and am very happy with the install. Call it stupidity or whatever, but I never thought to ask anyone about the stock fuel pump. It turns out that I am running out of fuel, so I have a svt focus pump coming for monday and am going to run it with the stock pump. Alex from Pro Tree is doing the tuning and is doing a great job as well. Will keep you guys posted. The car made 407 horse and 397 torque with 5 lbs. of boost and running out of fuel through an automatic. I'm sure it will get better, even though I think that's a good start.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
good numbers on that low boost and auto car. Hows the clearance on the crank pulley? what size turbo and injectors?

Last edited:

onebad95

forum member
Reaction score
good numbers on that low boost and auto car. Hows the clearance on the crank pulley? what size turbo and injectors?

39# injectors with the bigger turbo from hellion. 76 I believe. Went with the bigger one, because we plan on building the bottom end someday.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
A GT500 fuel system is all you need with 60# injecters.
Thats all the fuel system you will need for a stock block and boost.

I made on c16 and conservative timing 601 with the stock motor , wouldn't recommend it for long but it will hold up for awhile .

Pete

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
60# injectors seem a little overkill for his setup with the low boost and stock bottom end, he would be fine with 39#ers and a KB BAP.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
well he bought the 76mm turbo so he could grow, he should have bought the 60 so he could have grown with them to.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
60# injectors seem a little overkill for his setup with the low boost and stock bottom end, he would be fine with 39#ers and a KB BAP.

I ran my car for a year with that set up and it was just fine . Now I run the car with 80s , so what would be the difference ?
If the car is going to stay with the stock motor the 39s would be fine but get a GT500 FUel system to be safe . Sorry I dont like the KB BAP I have seen cars go lean b/c they have failed and blow there motors up.
Just make sure you have enough pump. and its one less thing to worry about.

Pete

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Just seems overkill....I run 60# injectors in my boat, and those motors are 1,100hp each. (M4 Procharged 557 cubic inch motors. AFR heads and all the goodies)

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I ran my car for a year with that set up and it was just fine . Now I run the car with 80s , so what would be the difference ?
If the car is going to stay with the stock motor the 39s would be fine but get a GT500 FUel system to be safe . Sorry I dont like the KB BAP I have seen cars go lean b/c they have failed and blow there motors up.
Just make sure you have enough pump. and its one less thing to worry about.

Pete

80s....wow

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im gonna be running 2 supercar pumps on a single fpdm with the upgraded wiring for it from lethal and 60lb injectors. 500-600rwhp range. I dont like the idea of baps at all either. Never knew it to be good to overwork any kind of pump by increasing voltage, just doesnt sit right with me. This should be plenty of fuel for the power i want to run. What you guys think? anything else i should look into? I really like the fore precision fuel pump hat but its pricey!

onebad95

forum member
Reaction score
photodisplay.php

STACYSTANGZ

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats!
Hellion recommends our Fuel System to their customers. If you have any questions concerning the route you should take, feel free to contact us anytime.
Fore Precision on S197forum to supply you with the information you need when planning a fuel system. ;)

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
onebad95. what is your boost gauge tied into back there. I was wondering what the best spot is on these cars to get the reading from?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back