JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no turbo lag

No traction

harder to stay out of boost

Dangerous in the rain

That makes it pointless on the street for me.

Then again thats why im not a fan of twin screws. I prefer power adders than load and build power with rpm while maintaining driveability, fuel mileage, traction and the ability to stay out fo boost with ease.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Then again thats why im not a fan of twin screws. I prefer power adders than load and build power with rpm while maintaining driveability, fuel mileage, traction and the ability to stay out fo boost with ease.
Your disdain for twin screws is misguided, as they can do all the things you prescribed.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah i think that 03 kenne bell cobra i drove misguided me for sure.

As did the whipple gt on the dyno that made 10 lbs of boost almost instantly and slowly walked to 15lbs as the rpms climbed on the dyno with the tires slipping out on the dyno when the boost hit and 2 guys sitting in the trunk.

Last edited:

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
My buddy put it this way...

"To me, compound boost is like getin a bj from 2 girls. You can really only use one at a time"

....one can suck your balls and other your wee wee

or

put one on both sides of the wee wee ( if you got enough to share) LMAO:highfive:

Last edited:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah i think that 03 kenne bell cobra i drove miguided me for sure.

As did the whipple gt on the dyno that made 10 lbs of boost almost instantly and slowly walked to 15lbs as the rpms climbed on the dyno with the tires slipping out on the dyno when the boost hit and 2 guys sitting in the trunk.
It's not making 10 lbs at half throttle...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i sat in the car and watched on the dyno. Whipple, 15lb pulley, auto trans. My buddy eric was dynoing it we were going about 35mph and he just stabbed the throttle and released and it would hit 11lbs. When he nailed it for the run it hit and leveled at 10-11 lbs instantly and stayed there until about 4000 rpm and then slowly made 15 lbs right before redline. And thats with 2 people sitting in the trunk to keep traction on the dyno.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i sat in the car and watched on the dyno. Whipple, 15lb pulley, auto trans. My buddy eric was dynoing it we were going about 35mph and he just stabbed the throttle and released and it would hit 11lbs. When he nailed it for the run it hit and leveled at 10-11 lbs instantly and stayed there until about 4000 rpm and then slowly made 15 lbs right before redline. And thats with 2 people sitting in the trunk to keep traction on the dyno.
I believe you...all I'm saying is, with bypass valves and such, a twin screw only goes into serious boost when WOT.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
with my stock setup, I only have to be carefull in 1st gear (at any rpm) and 2nd gear, at below 5000...it will just start squirming and dancing the fishtail. Honestly, for the street (I don't go to the track), I don't think more hp would do me any good, unless we're talking about driving at speeds of 100+ mph where the extra 100 or so hp would be usefull, but then I'd need a clutch in no time....and on and on...think I'll stay stock.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
Why was the car in the video shooting flames out the pipes on each shift? I've seen this before but don't know what's causing it and if it's a good thing or not.

blade

forum member
Reaction score
No traction

harder to stay out of boost

Dangerous in the rain

That makes it pointless on the street for me.

you will have no traction anyway once you go more than 650whp regardless what kind of power adder you are using even with DRs
i have seen 04 cobra with KB2.6L making almost 630whp with MT drs 2nd gear roll and car go tail fish most of the time

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Traction im refereing to is when your not making gobs of power by staying out of boost, or trying to downshift its a bit harder when u have off idle boost, compared to a setup that wont start to make boost till a certain rpm.

ShadowLands

Banned
Reaction score
you will have no traction anyway once you go more than 650whp regardless what kind of power adder you are using even with DRs
i have seen 04 cobra with KB2.6L making almost 630whp with MT drs 2nd gear roll and car go tail fish most of the time

That's because it was going from a roll.

blacknlte

Reaction score
Why was the car in the video shooting flames out the pipes on each shift? I've seen this before but don't know what's causing it and if it's a good thing or not.

At hi rpm, sometimes excess fuel gets into the exhaust and ignites and causes the back fire. Usually happens when shifting into the next gear

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At hi rpm, sometimes excess fuel gets into the exhaust and ignites and causes the back fire. Usually happens when shifting into the next gear

There are quite a few vids of it on youtube as well including ford gt's doing it on the street :)

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The Hellion TT car in the video posted on the 1st page is a friend of mines. He's run the car with the blower and without the blower and he's back to running it with the blower. From my conversations with him he's made it clear that the car is much more fun to drive on the street with the blower still on it. The car also just put down close to 1200rwhp and is driven to the track on drag radials. So if there's anyone you would want to speak to about the Hellion setup it's him. His screen name on SVTperformance is thebull and his name is Tony.

Jared

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back