Help – 5R55 no reverse after mods?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As part of my engine swap I had some mods done to the transmission and after the transmission was reinstalled there is no reverse. The shop that installed the engine/transmission has done numerous swaps on auto cars with TCI shifters and they are convinced the shift cable is not the issue. Additionally, the back-up lights are always on (I am told even with all cable connections to the transmission disconnected). I would assume these issues are related but I don’t know for sure. Any ideas on what this could be? Does the transmission need to go back to the shop that did the trans mods?

Trans Mods:

• Circle D Specialties 5R55 Multi Disk 245mm 3000 Stall Performance Torque Converter
• (Existing) Performance Automatic 5R55 Deep Aluminum Pan, Stainless Steel Fasteners and Filler Tube Set with Dipstick
• Performance Automatic Hardened Transmission Input Shaft
• (Existing) TCI Auto StreetFighter Ratchet Automatic Shifter
• TCI Auto Hi Performance Transmission Servo Kit, 3rd Gear Servo Kit
• TCI Auto Hi Performance Transmission Servo Kits, 4th Gear Servo Kit
• OEM Filter
• 13 liters of Amsoil Synthetic ATF

kojack

Reaction score
Any Codes? When I did mine TC car went into limp mode, had a misaligned pin on trans connection.

Last edited:

stephen1371

forum member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a Harley Truck and he popped a fuse and it wouldn't go into reverse, no code or anything just wouldn't go. Took a lil while to track it down, I can't remember which fuse it was but maybe a module fuse? it was a huge red fuse not a normal 5v-15v

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back