HELP, 60' times 2013 M6 GT

AJCrader

forum member
Reaction score
I have been stuck getting crappy 60' times with my car, bone stock other than beef'd up rearend(welded and braced)...I have been stuck with 60' times ranging from 1.97-2.00...I slip the clutch a bit to get these times from about 2000rpm...if I slip from a higher rpm or for too long it holds at 4000rpm for about .3-.5 secs.

I have tried dropping the clutch from various RPM levels but never more than 4000rpm as the car is my daily as well. All it does is bog down when I do this.

Can anyone help me with how I can get better 60' times?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I have been stuck getting crappy 60' times with my car, bone stock other than beef'd up rearend(welded and braced)...I have been stuck with 60' times ranging from 1.97-2.00...I slip the clutch a bit to get these times from about 2000rpm...if I slip from a higher rpm or for too long it holds at 4000rpm for about .3-.5 secs.

I have tried dropping the clutch from various RPM levels but never more than 4000rpm as the car is my daily as well. All it does is bog down when I do this.

What tire? On street tires for a manual those aren't terrible 60's.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

If you bog, you raise your launch RPM.
If you don't want to raise your launch RPM that's a different story and you're going to have to settle for the best that happens at your personal limit.
Make sure all your nannies are off also.

AJCrader

forum member
Reaction score
When I turn off the nannies, the clutch protection kicks in sporadically...I am just nervous about launching higher than 4000prm, should I try that?

Also, should I try to get a tuner and tune out the clutch protection also?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You need a tune to REALLY turn all that stuff off.
IMO if you're afraid of hurting your car you shouldn't be racing at all because racing breaks shit.

AJCrader

forum member
Reaction score
not afraid, been there with other cars, but just nervous since still making payments, but want to try to make the launches more consistent

what are nannies?

traction control and clutch management

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what pressure in your tires?

how are you doing your burnout?

as Frankie suggests, sounds like you're not hitting it hard enough out of the hole.

AJCrader

forum member
Reaction score
what pressure in your tires?

how are you doing your burnout?

as Frankie suggests, sounds like you're not hitting it hard enough out of the hole.

Was told to run 18lbs in the radials, I do a second gear burnout for about 5-7secs and carry out of the water box a bit...no tire spin issues, it hooks everytime...will try higher Rpm next time since that seems to be the common fix

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
18 # sounds right.

what MPH do you hold the burnout to?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
It's clutch management. Get a real tune, and get it turned off. I went from an obama tune to an actual street tune from a local tuner, and pulled .4 second off my ET, almost all of which came from the short end.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Try unplugging a front wheel abs sensor next time you go to the track. Dont ask me why, just do it. See if you run faster.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Frankie, on the coyote cars you disconnect the abs sensor and it kills all nannies. Its been proven to work on the dyno and on the track. If he wants to stay stock without a tune this is a way for him to do that. I learned about it at the track, my car would not 60ft, felt like a nannie kept kicking in. Disconnected the sensor and bam better 60 foot.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Clutch protection is turned off in my 2011 5.0. I launched at 5000rpms on 19" DRs and it dead hooked. (stock clutch, 1.62 short time) It definitely would've hooked at a higher launch, but that was my last pass in that configuration.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Frankie, on the coyote cars you disconnect the abs sensor and it kills all nannies. Its been proven to work on the dyno and on the track. If he wants to stay stock without a tune this is a way for him to do that. I learned about it at the track, my car would not 60ft, felt like a nannie kept kicking in. Disconnected the sensor and bam better 60 foot.

Interesting. That makes sense when you think about it, because how would those systems even work without the sensors telling the computer what is happening.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

Clever gal :thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back