Help!! A few questions

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I just took my car in for gears and my bearing were bad. I was told that my pinion angle was way too positive due to my setup.

I have FRPP K springs (1.5" drop)

I also have. . . .

UMI Panhard Bar
UMI Lower Control arms (non adjustable)
UMI bolt in relocation brackets

Some people are telling me that the relocation brackets are causing my pinion angle to be off and I need an adjustable Upper control arm to fix it.

Others are saying that with my setup, my pinion angle should be fine and the LCA/Brackets do nothing to change my pinion angle. If that's the case, then I don't know why it's off.

I have my LCA in the lowest setting in the relocation brackets.

Should I move them up?

Should I just get the UCA and that should take care of it?

Is it normal to have a pinion angle problem with my springs and your products?

Can I get away with just your adjustable UCA to fix this or do I also need the mount?

Is the one you sell on car adjustable?

And what's the best deal you can ship me one to 24363 for since I'm a loyal UMI user, lol (PM me this if you wish)

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Lowering springs will place the driveline in a positive angle. We have found the S197 Mustang is very sensitive to driveline angle changes, height adjustments and aftermarket suspension items. Also the 3.73 gear option that Ford offers is notorious to whine, at 5,000 miles our design car rear end began whining. The relocation brackets shouldn't effect pinion angle, if they would move the angle it would be minor.

All our adjustable upper control arms are on car adjustable and they can be used with out the heavy duty mount. I do recommend buying the #1058 spacers when using the factory mounts, these spacers reduce the hole and prevent clunking.

Thank you!
Ryan

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I actually already called you guys Monday and ordered a UCA and got all my questions answered. However, no one told me about needing the spacers. I'm calling back now to see if I can add them to my order.

Thanks.

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Taken car of, thanks again.

Glad we could get it taken care of and sorry Jerry forgot... usually we recommend it but it is has been a crazy few weeks. Also some people yell at us for trying to "up sell" them on something so we got in the habit of not :ugh1:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
It's all Good. Chris too care of me and added it to my order.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back