HELP about to burn my car to the ground over TPMS

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
08 with original wheels and OEM TPMS - worked fine
Added GT500 wheels with OEM Band Style TPMS - works fine
Added Race Stars multi-fit with ORO-TEK (American Muscle) Valve Stem TPMS in March 2012 - was never ever able to get them to train
Added Race Star direct fit with (CJ Pony Parts) Valve Stem TPMS in July 2015 - not able to get them to train. Have lowered the tire pressure waited five minutes and then went to normal inflation.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/tire-pressure-monitor-sensor-valve-stem-style-set-2007-2014/p/TBANDS3K/

My TPMS Training Tool was bought in Feb 2010. The little light comes on indicating the battery still has some power. Checked the battery and it is not easily replaceable as it is soldered in.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Does the Training Tool need to be replaced?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i take the tool out of its fob to get it to work better. i cant train when its in one piece. split it open and give it a shot.

edit: also, hold the tool right against the sensor. make sure that signal is getting through

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
We have such useless TPMS. Doesn't even tell you the current psi and which one is low when it does drop.

Anyways I had the TPMS from AM and was able to train it without a problem on my 2007 GT.

travelers

Reaction score
I've heard that there is a difference in the early ban type and the valve stem type.

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
i have used AM's valve stem sensors twice on my 08 and never had an issue. I would suggest seeing if you know someone who has the reset tool and try theirs or swing by a tire shop to see if they can get them sync'd up

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tried a borrowed Training Tool with the same results as mine. No joy!

Went to a tire shop and while his specialized TPMS Training Tool could read the sensors, he could not train them to the car in five attempts. We then tried one of his TPMS valve stem sensors and of course it trained to the car first attempt. What can I say, it looks like the TPMS Valve Stem Sensors sold by CJ Pony parts for 2007 - 2014 compatibility are just not going to work in my 08.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering in my 08 I ended up with ORO-TEK OTI-001B TPMS Sensors. They trained to the car on the first attempt with a Ford Training Tool.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone had issues with their TPMS system training after installing a push to start button? Car goes into train mode but won't recognize the new sensors. I'm on my 2nd set from LMR that are supposedly good for the 07-14 cars. Using FOMCO training tool. Discount tire tried to train them and their training tool shows the tire sensor is transmitting but the car won't train. Looks like I need to break down and pick up the sensors Scott mentioned above or use my old bands again.

I've talked with a few others that run a push to start system and they haven't had any issues with their TPMS. FYI I've had the push to start for a year with the old band system and no issues.

tbrock

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering in my 08 I ended up with ORO-TEK OTI-001B TPMS Sensors. They trained to the car on the first attempt with a Ford Training Tool.

Thanks Scott got the Oro Tek kit today and had them installed. They trained the first time! For whatever reason my car did not like the kit from LMR. Maybe it is an 07 thing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back