HELP!!! Car stumbles and will not start

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
What's the best way to clean the TB? Spay carb cleaner into it or take the whole thing off. I'm going to check it out when I get off work and try and post a video of what the car is doing. I took off the MAF and connector and doing the same thing still. I also heard to try disconnecting each injector to see if it's a coil or plug.

Disconnecting the injectors or the COP connectors? If you're not throwing codes I don't think this will give you anything but it is possible you'll find something.

Take it off. Only takes a few minutes. You will most likely find some carbon build up behind the blades. Use some TB cleaner and a small toothbrush or other brush and a clean rag. 30 minutes from removal to re-install for me.

Yep, agree if you've never cleaned it before a really good cleaning by taking it all the way off it best. Pretty easy, just 4 bolts/nuts hold it on.

Len20hun

forum member
Reaction score
Disconnecting the injectors or the COP connectors? If you're not throwing codes I don't think this will give you anything but it is possible you'll find something.

Yep, agree if you've never cleaned it before a really good cleaning by taking it all the way off it best. Pretty easy, just 4 bolts/nuts hold it on.

Didn't get a chance to mess with the car today. I'm going to do it all tomm on my day off. Wish me luck!

Mounty09

Reaction score
You have more mods then me, but my car showed the same symptoms. I disconnected the battery, cleaned the throttlebody, and then the car ran great. I am going to start cleaning it in the spring when I get it out of storage every year because I don't want to be strained again.

Len20hun

forum member
Reaction score
Take it off. Only takes a few minutes. You will most likely find some carbon build up behind the blades. Use some TB cleaner and a small toothbrush or other brush and a clean rag. 30 minutes from removal to re-install for me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

So I did take off the TB and checked it but it didn't look too dirty to me. Now I guess making sure the plugs are good which I haven't got around to so we shall see.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=55748&stc=1&d=1457362483

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
The build up is usually behind the blades on the TB cylinder itself. I assume that is clean? Hard to tell from the picture.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it is. However the only thing you can see are the blades themselves. Not the surrounding TB walls

Len20hun

forum member
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 7

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
How many miles on the plugs? Quite a bit of build up on the passenger side plugs.

Len20hun

forum member
Reaction score
How many miles on the plugs? Quite a bit of build up on the passenger side plugs.

Not exactly sure on the miles maybe close to 1000 miles. I have had these plugs since my motor build and break in miles also dyno runs on 91 octane and c16 as well. I'm hoping this is my problem for the way my car have the misfire sound and stumble.

Len20hun

forum member
Reaction score
Changed the plugs and put 8 new hto auto lites and the problem still remains. My idle still sound off like its misfiring so I guess I'm going to send it in to figure out what's going on. I'm hoping nothing's wrong internally with the motor and it's something small I'm over looking or maybe tune adjustments.

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Ever get this issue resolved? Going down a similar path here myself and trying to search before spending more money

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back