Help, Coil Pack Question

INDESTRUCTIBLE

Junior Banger
Reaction score
So im in the process of finally putting on all the parts that have been sitting in my garage for months, frpp intake manifold, throttle body, jlt intake, etc. I was pulling off the ignition coils to change the plugs and also to make room cuz im putting on powder coated valve covers. so while i was pulling one of them off, something inside broke, i just heard a snap and when pulled it out, had small chips of some material falling out. They are granatelli exteme pro series packs (these were not bought by choice, had a tech article done on my car for 5.0 mag and they just came in the package). so anyway, i just need to know if anyone knows what could have been the piece that broke and if i can still use them or have to buy new ones, or even maybe mix in some stock ones(obvious im desperate). thanks for the help.

Short Version:
How delicate are coil packs, a piece of one broke while i was taking it out and dont know what the piece was or does but am looking for any suggestions or help, thanks.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I guess your screen name INDESTRUCTIBLE doesn't pertain to working on your car eh? lol

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
pics? they would help. Personally id remove the other 7 packs and put the stock ones back

INDESTRUCTIBLE

Junior Banger
Reaction score
dont know how to post up pics, but if someone wants to pm there email i can send them real quick so they can post them up for me.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they provide you a link called "a direct link" to the photo
when ypou post here click the mountain icon with the moon in it above where you type your replies and paste the link from photobucket in.

INDESTRUCTIBLE

Junior Banger
Reaction score
ok while i try that out, just to give ppl an idea it was the metal ring in the middle of the coil, if you just search for gms coil packs you can see what im talking about.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Anything that comes out in "small chips with material falling out" sounds broken. I'd call Granatelli and inquire about a warranty. In the mean time, I'd do what 94tbird said do and put the OEM ones back in, all of them, until you get some feedback from Granatelli.

Last edited:

Back@itagain

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like their "patented" ring to help reduce any RFI/EFI. I thought Granatelli offered a lifetime warranty on their craftsmanship. Might be worth sending them an email.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like their "patented" ring to help reduce any RFI/EFI. I thought Granatelli offered a lifetime warranty on their craftsmanship. Might be worth sending them an email.

+1.

Its the shitty material used to make the magnet in the spring. Heat and gunk can break them up. It wont effect the cop operation.

INDESTRUCTIBLE

Junior Banger
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys, yea i threw the old ones on there and got pictures of everything so ill be giving them a call about it tomorrow, see if i can get me some free coil packs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back