Help me into the 12's

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
This is a daily driven car, 100 miles a day... Looking for help to see a 12

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Wait till winter time and get some good negative air?
Beyond that if you don't want to change your setup nothing will change.

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
I thought i might get some help on this... Ill let you lnow what it takes to do it.,. I did get some good advice, i again, thank them

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
You have only a few options.

1. Take weight out of the car. Easiest here, since it's most likely free.
2. Traction, Nitto 555R DRs are good for about 8-10k miles to most people and would dead hook your car.
3. Add power.

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
A shot of NOS! 12's all day well till you run out of juice.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
New torque convertor and 3k plus stall. Any drag radial will help tremendously. My friends bolt on 06gt auto (cai, tune, pulleys, delete plates, no cats) ran 13.1s....added a TC and 12.8s. Thats with a DA at 1400 feet.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Listen... I want to a chocolate bar.. but I don't want to actually eat chocolate... how do I get this done?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FWIW - if you want to go around corners as well, better to get a tire and not mess with the springs IMHO.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
This is a daily driven car, 100 miles a day... Looking for help to see a 12

A simple, centrifugal supercharger will get you into the 11's with drag radials, and on your street tires you'll still easily be in the 12's, as requested. Centrifugals are friendly for daily driving and don't hurt fuel economy much at all (assuming you can resist getting into the boost). They launch easy at the track since they don't start making a bunch of boost until rpm's climb.

07 Boss

Reaction score
My car was a daily until just pretty recently. I drive to the track and let some air out of the tires and go. I had DR;s on 18x10, no front sway bar, and 90/10 drag struts, back then. I drove around with that set up all the time. No you can't dive it into corners, but commuting to and from work/school, taking out dates, driving my kid around, it was fine.

You want to make changes to get you into the 12's, but don't want to change anything because it's a daily? Not sure I'm following your logic here. What are you looking for as far as advice? Good luck.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
I don't understand what the big deal is with getting 2 separate wheels with a sticky tire on them. Swap them on morning of track day, swap them off after... drive your 100 miles to work the next day.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I don't understand what the big deal is with getting 2 separate wheels with a sticky tire on them. Swap them on morning of track day, swap them off after... drive your 100 miles to work the next day.

That's what I'm saying. :banginghead:

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
All advice is really appreciated... 'Cept the trade it in advice... Blower advice was good, but, i have a blown car. It doesnt fair well on street tires, im gonna try somethings, given as advice... Ill let you know

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Im posting the quickest time it ran on street tires... 60ft, 2.015, 1/8 mile, 8.508, 1/4 mile, 13.165, 105.36... Let me see if advice works out

I have a time slip, 1.889 60ft... 111.09... Quick, obvious it lost traction after 60

Last time shown, it was manually shifted, the rest are auto shifts...

Last edited by a moderator:

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Thinking now, the comment to buy a coyote... Why? Ive yet to be passed by one... They mph, i agree on that, street tires, they aint all there

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Even if you were passed by any car, that is not a reason to buy another car.
That's called small dick syndrome, don't subscribe to that logic.
I've been passed by lots of cars, at the end of the day zero fucks are still given :roflmao: LOVE MY CAR!!

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Even if you were passed by any car, that is not a reason to buy another car.
That's called small dick syndrome, don't subscribe to that logic.
I've been passed by lots of cars, at the end of the day zero fucks are still given [emoji23] LOVE MY CAR!!
Well said. Theres ALWAYS something faster..

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I had similar thoughts for my car. I wanted a 11.999 slip by just adding a little bit of power and staying on street tires. I'm only .28 seconds away, after all.

Then I asked here how to do that and didn't argue after xx people told me it wasn't going to happen on street tires.

Then I went back to the track, still on street tires, and had to let off every single run because I was spinning so hard going into 2nd gear my ass end wanted to come around.

I now have 555R's in the basement ready to go on.

You can fight it all you want, but you've done all of the simple mods you can do. Spend lots of $$ for more power, and risk safety, or spend a few hundred bucks on tires up to the task.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back