Help me into the 12's

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get a lot of negative responses... But, I'm sure you guys can help. I have a 06 gt, automatic, long tubes, no cats, c&l racer cai, 3.73's, carbon fiber gt500 differential, sct tuner, adjustable rear lower arms, adjustable rear upper, the rest is stock. Tires are kumhoes... Cause i drive 100 miles a day... The car sits on h&r sport springs, stock shocks, ford racing sway bars... Im not wanting to spend much on this car, but, i want a 12, 1/4 mile et out of it, as is.... Runs 13.16, 13.18... 105mph... Has spiked 107, 109,111 mph... Any good advice?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I know... How without them?
You're going to a drag strip... dress appropriately.
And yes the lowering springs aren't helping... your rear arms are at the wrong angle for a good launch right now
You can't expect too much running on those tires.

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
I respect your opinion, thank you... It goes around corners well tho... Ill readapt the car, thanks for pushing me in the right direction

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Dress for the occasion... Best advice, thank you.... Geez, another 10 second car in the works...

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
what rpm are you launching at?
is the track you go to decently prepped?

I'm actually close to the same boat as you are. my mustang is a daily driver and I'm not looking to make it too crazy. I think low 12's/high 11's with bolt-ons are doable for my year.
I'm definitely looking at lca's, relocation brackets, and a dedicated set of tires for the strip.
have you priced out some options for wheel/tire combos? there are some decent deals around for 17x8 with drag radials

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
2013 Cobra Jet springs or BMR drag springs. Viking shocks, Strange struts. 15x8 or 15x10 racestars, jegs stars etc. With a sticky tire. Any of these can help you out. I don't see you getting well into the 12's without a set of radials or bias ply tires though. And if you do, you'll have to spend quite a bit.

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
I was actually trying, to give the n/a cobras a chance... With a daily driver...

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you, for reply...mine is a daily driver... Mph, indicates high 11.... Traction is the issue

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Towson, thank you, i know tires are an issue... I still want a 12 with street tires... Im soooo close

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you, for reply...mine is a daily driver... Mph, indicates high 11.... Traction is the issue

Tires. I just ordered 15x8 jegs sport stars and 275/50/15 m/t e.t. streets for $670 from jegs. You can find them alot cheaper used. All you have to do is swap wheels and tires when you want to go to the track. Easy.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Towson, thank you, i know tires are an issue... I still want a 12 with street tires... Im soooo close

If you're dead set then try running a shorter belt and bypassing the power steering. Gut the trunk, remove the front swaybar and maybe take out the passenger seat.

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Guys... This is a daily driver... Im looking for advice on a daily driver...

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
IMO, you gotta pay to play. It seems like you're hitting a glass ceiling with wanting the numbers without the setup. I don't see why LCA Relo's and a set of track tires would prohibit you from keeping it a daily.

Do you know what the definition of "insanity" is?

Last edited:

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
Ok then. Get cams, frpp intake and a one piece driveshaft. That's about $2000 to your door.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Guys... This is a daily driver... Im looking for advice on a daily driver...
You're going against the grain LOL
If your car is not ready for the track it's not going to perform at the track.
You have to give something up if you want your car to perform as is without additional power.
You can add more power, but who's to say you don't just spin your brains out because of it?

Pissing in the wind.

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Again, i want a 12, driven to track, staged, and a 12, as driven there...

Back