Help picking LCA brackets

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Their Watts link failed pretty spectacularly for several people.

AFAIK, only 3 of em failed..and all due to one bad weld. If the center prop weld is bad, it will let go fairly quickly, like within months. The only other issue that I know about about was of the 5 x bolts that hold the spider to the differential, 4 of em are torqued to 60 ft lbs. The 5th one (shorter), gets 40 ft lbs. The original spec was 60 ft lbs on all 5 of em. Dimora broke the short one, and reported it to Whiteline, who revised the TQ spec asap, on the 5th bolt.

I have beat on mine pretty good for years now, and also inspected the weld several times, it's good. It's a big improvement over the previous on car adjustable BMR PHB...which was a big improvement over the mickey mouse non adjustable oem phb.

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
BMR > Whiteline

BMR has much better customer service. If you search here and in the Corner Carvers' sections, you'll also find numerous instances of failed Whiteline parts, though their relocation brackets seem to not have any issues. (Probably because they just copied BMR's design and removed the adjustability of having 3 holes.)
To be fair you aren’t the most reasonable person when it comes to Whiteline, I spend hours searching the forum and the only real noise about Whiteline comes from you, I’m almost certain you have never run their products either.

As far as customer service from BMR. I have had two separate issues with BMR products, one resulting in Kelly refusing to acknowledge the problem or work it out. He hung up on me. Mind you I have still used their stuff since then, but they are not the only game town.
I keep one of those improperly built parts that made it through QC and out the door to my shop as a reminder.

There is nothing wrong with anything Whiteline builds, I would dare say they have more parts in the auto cross/road race world than BMR as well.

Phil1098

Reaction score
Not sure how Whiteline brackets got into this since I am not considering them. I'm only lowered 1" and the mount hole on the Whiteline is correct for 1.5" drop. I do have their LCAs and panhard bar and both of those are fine, their brackets don't work for me.

teeje

Reaction score
I would say BMR. Ive never went with LCA brackets. Im curious, what are the benefits to having those? Adjust pinion angle? or what? Im lowered on sr struts and springs and i have the level 2 bmr upper and lower control arms.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
The LCA brackets correct the geometry of a lowered suspension. Supposed to prevent wheel hop and help the rear end hook better.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To be fair you aren’t the most reasonable person when it comes to Whiteline, I spend hours searching the forum and the only real noise about Whiteline comes from you, I’m almost certain you have never run their products either.

As far as customer service from BMR. I have had two separate issues with BMR products, one resulting in Kelly refusing to acknowledge the problem or work it out. He hung up on me. Mind you I have still used their stuff since then, but they are not the only game town.
I keep one of those improperly built parts that made it through QC and out the door to my shop as a reminder.

There is nothing wrong with anything Whiteline builds, I would dare say they have more parts in the auto cross/road race world than BMR as well.

Never run their products?

LOL

Try again. I used to partner with them.

Go read my build thread. You should wonder why someone who got the entire setup for free refuses to use it anymore. I also knew several people who worked for the company (obviously) and heard a lot of stories of lackluster quality control in their US operations. Maybe they've gotten better since then.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Never run their products?

LOL

Try again. I used to partner with them.

Go read my build thread. You should wonder why someone who got the entire setup for free refuses to use it anymore. I also knew several people who worked for the company (obviously) and heard a lot of stories of lackluster quality control in their US operations. Maybe they've gotten better since then.
It seems you would reference that instead of other folks issues. It would hold more weight. Instead of forcing someone to sift thru 37 pages and find out where your opinion went from saying Whiteline had the best designed product on the market to your current belief, why don't you just tell us about your experiences?

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Not sure how Whiteline brackets got into this since I am not considering them. I'm only lowered 1" and the mount hole on the Whiteline is correct for 1.5" drop. I do have their LCAs and panhard bar and both of those are fine, their brackets don't work for me.
Whiteline was mentioned to show you available options. The holes in these brackets aren't drop specific, but rather what works for your combo. I have never seen anything to relate the hole position to a specific drop in inches. Maybe I missed that part...

Phil1098

Reaction score
Whiteline was mentioned to show you available options. The holes in these brackets aren't drop specific, but rather what works for your combo. I have never seen anything to relate the hole position to a specific drop in inches. Maybe I missed that part...

When I talked to Kelly at BMR, he told me that you multiply by two (as a rule of thumb) for the drop you did with the springs. For me, I dropped the car 1 inch, so my LCAs should go in a hole 2 inches down from the original to get the geometry back closer to correct. Understand that correct is a compromise. In my original post I have narrowed it down to those three. There are also quite a few other choices, but the three mentioned are the ones I'm choosing from.

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
With a 15-17" diam wheel, (and I'm certain a 18" as well) they will bottom out on the road if you have a rear flat. Unless you are hell bent to use the very bottom holes on the BMR (4" drop), instead of cutting the bottom portion off in a bandsaw, the Whiteline version is identical to the BMR, but shorter, and only a 3" drop..(same as BMR's middle holes). I have never seen anybody use the very lowest holes on the BMR version. Get too low, and the opposite of wheel hop is brake hop. If a 19 / 20" rear wheel used, the BMR is a non issue with a flat rear tire. Going over speed bumps in any config is a non issue, the rear wheels will rise / fall... and ditto with the LCA re-locate brackets.

I went with Ford Racing LCA brackets on my Stocker. Of all the ones I looked at, it seemed to have the least amount of metal hanging down.
There is a one line rule in the NHRA rulebook that says that no point of the the rear end can be lower than the bottom of the wheel ( or something to that effect)
It's been in the rulebook for years.

Anyways, that rule , I would imagine, was implemented years ago to help prevent gouging of the track surface in the event of a rear tire blowout.

I had to trim the bracket a tad so the lca did not rub, so it's close with the BMR lower arm in the bottom setting

353axx1.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back