Help with gauge cluster

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
Long story short the previous owner of my car started to part it out after a wreck. I'm in the process of turning the car back into a Roush again. My car uses a six gauge cluster but I have found one that is a 4 gauge Roush. Will this swap directly into my car? I know I need it reprogrammed but right now I need to know if I can even use it!?!?

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
if the gauges on the cluster are in the same position as the 6 gauge pod and the plug on the back of the roush is the same. i dont see why it would not work you would just have a dead zone on the plug for the missing gauges..

bet you a raisin im wrong

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
So..........why did you not ask him?

Well they have not done a 6 to 4 gauge swap. And I from what I've looked up the plugs should be the same but nobody has information as to if it would work for sure or not yet. I don't want a dash lit up like an xmas tree or gauges not working.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Plugs are the same, gauges will work. I just did a 4 to 6 gauge conversion. It is all plug and play. No lights will be on once build data is programmed. I kept in the same year so I have no extra lights on I just have to get my mileage switched over. You may have a light or two until it is programmed, like tire pressure sensor light. I see no reason with ford programming why it wouldn't work.

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
Plugs are the same, gauges will work. I just did a 4 to 6 gauge conversion. It is all plug and play. No lights will be on once build data is programmed. I kept in the same year so I have no extra lights on I just have to get my mileage switched over. You may have a light or two until it is programmed, like tire pressure sensor light. I see no reason with ford programming why it wouldn't work.

Thanks for the advice!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back