Help with my LCA clunking!

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed bmr lca's part #tca022 along with relocation brackets. Brackets are welded in like they should be. I am getting this terrible clunking whenever I move the car. I havent drove it more than 20 feet or so. I have checked everything. Thinking of putting my OEM control arms back in. Any thoughts. Thanks

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Dude, there is nothing wrong. Those arms have hemi joints on one side and they make a lot of noise. it is completely safe.

I had the "Race" version installed in my car for about 8 months. They have hemi joints on both ends. It sounded like the rearend was gonna fall out any second.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
If you haven't changed your UCA, this can also be caused by the mount for it flexing. It was extremely noticeable before I changed my upper!

Speeddmn

forum member
Reaction score
also did you torque them to the 139 ft lb or what ever with the car sitting on the ground?

Ninjak

The Wolf hunts at night..
Reaction score
Hmm I been told that those are very noisy. So some of the responses here are good as well. Double check, triple check, and make sure its just noise.

I went with L&M LCA's and I have no noise or issues. So just keep checking it all out.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Make sure you torque the bolts for the LCA at ride height or as close as you can get to it. A set of jackstands under the axle will take care of this. Otherwise, these things are just noisy. My rear end sounds like its going to come apart sometimes. No big deal.

*And it's 129 ft-lbs BTW.

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
did you grease the polybushings? I accidently forgot to grease mine when i first installed them lol and was good for about acouple days untill i started hearing them. Went back greased them up & that fix the problem. Once in awhile it'll clunck when im reversing but not much. And mine arent welded

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
+1 on greasing them

and also if you have an UCA you NEED to buy the uca bracket, cause they tend to be noisy too.

Ninjak

The Wolf hunts at night..
Reaction score
+1 on the grease. It said to use generously and heh I did ! I lubed those suckers up good, hell I used the entire tub. The L&M had a very nice design to them, and the way they fit together and on the car, that lube is not coming of for a long time

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
+2 on the grease, the proper torque, and the loud hemi-joints.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I hope these things really arent supposed to be this noisy. I am going to double check the torque, but I pretty sure I did everything right. Did it at ride height. They are facing the right way. If they are going to be this noisy, I am going to switch back to stock.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
I hope these things really arent supposed to be this noisy. I am going to double check the torque, but I pretty sure I did everything right. Did it at ride height. They are facing the right way. If they are going to be this noisy, I am going to switch back to stock.
If they still bug you that much after you check everything you can sell them and get some that have poly bushings on both ends. It will still make a good improvement over stock but they aren't loud like ones with the rod ends.

Ray's 08 GT

forum member
Reaction score
+3 on grease. And also make sure you torque them correctly with a torque wrench.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I have the stock ones back on. I think I discovered the problem too. I got these used from someone and they looked to be in great shape. Well, I noticed when taking them off that it seems something it missing from one of the joints. I took a picture. New at this so not sure how to attach from my desktop. Stay tuned.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Well. I thought I would bring this one back up. Still havent got the pic loaded here, but go to my profile pics and you will see what I am talking about. Half of the heim joint is missing. I bought these used off of someone on here. I am guessing they didnt realize this either. It doesnt look like it broke...just missing.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Call BMR for parts. If not, I'll sell you my BMR dbl adj race arms cheap...

travelers

Reaction score
Well. I thought I would bring this one back up. Still havent got the pic loaded here, but go to my profile pics and you will see what I am talking about. Half of the heim joint is missing. I bought these used off of someone on here. I am guessing they didnt realize this either. It doesnt look like it broke...just missing.

It looks like your missing the end link adapter.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back