Help with turning PATS off

shard phoenix

Reaction score
The short story:
2006 mustang GT manual. Ordered a Brenspeed tune with PATS turned off, (have had an sct 2 from them for a while) the upload went properly, but still cant get the car to crank with uncoded keys. Anyone done this before? Need suggestions (I verified with Brenspeed that PATS was off).

The background infos:
I am currently stationed in Germany in the army, lost my keys. Had a set of keys cut by my original dealer in the states, they couldnt program them without the car there. Also had a set of fobs sent, programmed them and they work fine. Its been somewhat troublesome finding someone to reprogram the keys I had cut and sent from the states. Its not impossible, its just going to require my car be towed 35 miles down the Autobahn and going to be pretty expensive to get the car programmed, and this is a double pain in the ass with my current work schedule. I am supposed to be shipping the car home on the 7th so I figured I could get it started, take it to shipment and get PATS keys coded in the states. So, I am hoping that someone here can give me a hand, I have been researching online for about 3 weeks and there isnt to much on this subject, especially regaurding the 05+ models.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with the PATS but thinking going to your nearest Ford dealer and programing a key will probably be the simplest solution.

shard phoenix

Reaction score
Also, whenever I do get this issue resolved I will post my findings, not really sure if the pats issue is something from the tunes or if I have locked myself out somehow.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The PATS disable is positively done with the tune. When I did my transmission swap (which involved a PCM swap) I had it disabled until I could get to the dealer to have it reprogrammed. Then I went back to the tuner and had him turn it back on.

shard phoenix

Reaction score
Today was a nightmare, to make it short, I eventually got it to a capable dealer, 25 minutes later they had the keys coded and the car started problem free.

Ill start investigating the issue with the tune tomorrow, something definatly does not add up

shard phoenix

Reaction score
I have been looking into this, still seems pretty undefeatable.

Got a response from Brenspeed several days ago:

"Well I am glad that you were able to get things going. We have used this
technique in the past successfully when swapping computers, but I guess we have never used this process for an un-coded key situation. You should still see a huge improvement in performance with our tuning over most of the competitors. Thanks for the heads up. "

Wont see much of a performance change, as I had Brenspeeds tunes before, but they did fix the spastically overresponsive throttle issue I had successfully.

Guess in the end, I feel kind of glad pats is so tough, unless there is some kind of crazy underground stuff that I just couldnt find.

RRRoamer

Reaction score
Today was a nightmare, to make it short, I eventually got it to a capable dealer, 25 minutes later they had the keys coded and the car started problem free.

10 minutes of that was pure waiting. Ford put a 10 minute delay from when the system goes into program mode for PATS to when it will allow the PCM to be programmed with new keys. The only fast way to do it is to have two preprogrammed keys so the PCM knows you are a good guy... I went through that when they installed a new PCM in my car.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is why I have 5 keys and 4 FOB's for my car. I ALWAYS have 2 available.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back