help!!

P-51Sonic

forum member
Reaction score
so i got in a wreck about 3 months ago and i fixed the body of my stang but i i think my axle is messed up the wheel wobbles and my rear axle is disaligned what do yall guys think is the problem? maybe if i align my axle it will work?

Attachments

• IMG_0087[1].jpg
    IMG_0087[1].jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 37

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
so i got in a wreck about 3 months ago and i fixed the body of my stang but i i think my axle is messed up the wheel wobbles and my rear axle is disaligned what do yall guys think is the problem? maybe if i align my axle it will work?

Do you really need to ask?:roflmao: Sounds like a bent axle or alignment issue or both.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score

When you say "rear axle is disaligned", what exactly are you referring to? How are you measuring this?

I would have to think that steering wheel shake would indicate a FRONT suspension/alignment problem, and not a rear suspension/axle issue- but that said, I would take your car to a tire shop and have a rear alignment performed (actually, get a front and rear alignment performed) to see if that helps as a starting point.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
could be a bent rim? but leaning towards bent axle.

merk

forum member
Reaction score
Did they do any frame work to it?

Mazzon

Reaction score

gotinto a similar accident.. needed a whole new rear dif.. check ur panhard bar. if it was replaced, check to see i the axle tube is bent

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Were the wheels you have on the car now bought used or new? I see you've changed them so if they are used, the wheel could be bent. A trusted wheel balancing should reveal this. Sounds like the axle itself got tweeked in the accident to me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back