Here Ya Go Gizmo!! Pictures of My Z06... And some Boss 302 Pics

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Lmao ok.... Next week I'll try and do that.

Karnas right?? No worries, I am lowering the car with lowering bolts and putting on black Z06 cup wheels.

Yes sir I assume you were following him in IG.

Wish I had the coin to buy it off him lol

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. I know its horribly high. It will be dropped some next year. The front already scrapes my driveway at home and the one at my work so I can't go to low but it will be less gap next year.

I can help you with that if you need. :)

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
More pics of the old Boss! Still pretty to look at.

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting new bolts for mine. This 4x4 stance is killing me.

You can go down about 1" on the stock bolts if that is enough for you.

Here's my previous car lowered on stock bolts:

DSCN1502_zpsd4ee7c8a.jpg

DSCN1473_zps6134a675.jpg

DSCN1475_zps665ddc89.jpg

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
That'll work. Did you pretty much just remove them?
No, actually if you want to lower the rear of the car more than I did you need to get longer bolts. In the front it's just the opposite...the "lowering bolts" just have a shorter pad on them. You can remove them, but then the front is like 1.5-2" lower which is way too low to actually be useable as a car, and of course you need to slam the rear to make it look right.

Adjusting the factory bolts is easy, once the bolts are free. Typically you want to apply a lot of WD-40 on each one and let them soak for awhile. Extend the rear bolts as much as you can, and tighten the fronts. Usually takes an hour or so. The rears can be done on ramps without even taking the wheels off. The fronts require wheel removal and unbolting the shock where it mounts to the A-arm. No big deal. Ride quality really doesn't change because you aren't changing the spring rate, just the location of the spring in relation to the A-arm.

Mattamus

forum member
Reaction score
The s197forum is turning into the Y-body forum! Lol. Very nice cars by the way, someday I would love to have a 'vette.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back