Hey guys.... I need a complete list of goodies for a new motor??

TheBOSS

I ride the short bus!
Reaction score
If you read my other post, you know I blew my motor Saturday......big nice hole in the block.
Well, a friend has bought my car and he is planning on making around 625-650hp to the wheels...... My question is:

What do you reccomend to obtain this goal?

The new motor will still be supercharged with the Paxton H.O. kit that is on it (intercooled) and he plans on running around 15-16lbs. of boost. He also wants to get cams for it that will work good with the supercharger.

So what block(livernois,dss...etc.) cams, headwork?... would you do?
LIST PLEASE?!!!:worship: Thanks....

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd talk to Larry Hays if I were you. He is building my engine, infact he should have it just about done by now. He also build Ron's engine and a few others.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you read my other post, you know I blew my motor Saturday......big nice hole in the block.
Well, a friend has bought my car and he is planning on making around 625-650hp to the wheels...... My question is:

What do you reccomend to obtain this goal?

The new motor will still be supercharged with the Paxton H.O. kit that is on it (intercooled) and he plans on running around 15-16lbs. of boost. He also wants to get cams for it that will work good with the supercharger.

So what block(livernois,dss...etc.) cams, headwork?... would you do?
LIST PLEASE?!!!:worship: Thanks....
Should not need head work or cams for that power level... Won't hurt - stage 1 or 2 comp cam. The more you do to the heads, the less boost you will need to hit your goal. I am told that cams in that range are worth 40-50HP with comp stage I and II pretty close... With a centri blower you could go further (stage III) and spin it up to 7000 RPM, but you would likely feel the bottom end get a little weaker as a result...

I am a livernois fan for the SB and heads if you do them...

Be aware that depending on how the engine came apart, there is a possibility of head damage - so the sooner the better on getting in there to find out what you have lost...

You should be all set for bolts and such for dressing up the the block, but if you purchase a SB - you will need to get main seals for front and back. Assuming you are careful during teardown - the others you can re-use they are silicon press in gaskets...

TheBOSS

I ride the short bus!
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's.... I'm working on tearing it down right now.

IMG_2964.jpg

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's.... I'm working on tearing it down right now.
Did the front fenders make you angry, or just going the long way to keep them from being dinged during the rebuild?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did the front fenders make you angry, or just going the long way to keep them from being dinged during the rebuild?

Beat me to it. I was wondering the same thing.

TheBOSS

I ride the short bus!
Reaction score
The passenger is off now too...:moon:

Just makin sure we don't tear it up along the way!! Is it possible to pull the motor intact? (looks like a wide open shot?)

Where do we hook to-to hoist it up?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score

silverGTvert

Boobie inspector
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Even with a blown motor your car looks nice. The innards of the car look like they just came off the factory floor. Not a spec of dirt in there on the frame or wheel wells. Hope your build goes smoothly.

TheBOSS

I ride the short bus!
Reaction score
Even with a blown motor your car looks nice. The innards of the car look like they just came off the factory floor. Not a spec of dirt in there on the frame or wheel wells. Hope your build goes smoothly.

No dirt but the underside is covered in a mist of oil....Instant undercoating!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just to add my recommendation it looks, from the pics, like you need a new block also. If that is the case and you want to stay with the 05 type block the best place I found was MMR. They offer a built short block with the option of a new 05 style aluminum block at the best price I could find. This is where I got my short block and they were very good to deal with.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back