Hey guys look what intake manifold I got :)

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
Not bad results for what the manifold was designed to do (rev to 7k+). I wonder if it would pick up a tad of what it lost down low if the AFR was brought back inline with what your before dyno showed. Do you know if there is any data on this manifold showing the flow differences between intake runners? As long as this manifold flows more evenly than the stocker I don't see how I could go wrong with adding this manifold to my setup.
Yea not bad numbers at all considering he had the delete plates on the before run. If he had the stockers that could bring the total gain to around 10+ peak hp. I'm wondering this too. It looks to hover around 13.5-14 right to 4500. I know when I did my dynoing my car started to lose power with my afr above or below 12.5.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
His car is N/A so I don't think 13.5 to 14 AFR is bad at all. It would be different if he was F/I but for an N/A car I think 13.5 to 14 is a good place to be.

Gene K

forum member
Reaction score
His car is N/A so I don't think 13.5 to 14 AFR is bad at all. It would be different if he was F/I but for an N/A car I think 13.5 to 14 is a good place to be.

It depends on where you are picking up the reading at. If you are at the tailpipe its one thing. If thats at the header collector its pretty lean. I suspect Matts AFR is their for a reason.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I quit. Bunch of fuckin' keyboard engineers.

you cant quit.. we love you too much here :kinky:

I used to be an engineer till the dot com days.. then Hawg had me let go along with 70K other people =-/

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
well I'm one of those wussies that had 450+ rwhp and could not do 12.0( kiss my ass:beerdrink:). So far the $20 intake tornado looks better. I dont care how good of a driver you are I would like to see someone turn a loss of hp and tq down low and get some of that back on the last 1K rpm and make a .1 difference. If dynos were just numbers then there would be no point in using them.

Now the real test will be on boosted applications. That could cause me to lose $700.

.. I have spoken :dramaqueen:

The upper RPMs are the ones you use at the track...

A peak 4.8HP increase with a TQ loss to be exact on a DJ with a manual trans would be a 3HP increase to me thru my auto tuning on a MD. So far not worth it to ME,have to see some results on a heads/cam combo before I get excited. Thanks for the results Matt, MMFF will probably pick up 50HP watch! :handjob:

How do you know if it would be worth it to you without track results?

I quit. Bunch of fuckin' keyboard engineers.

werd

you cant quit.. we love you too much here :kinky:

I used to be an engineer till the dot com days.. then Hawg had me let go along with 70K other people =-/

70k!!! :beerchug2:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I think people are expecting miracle numbers out of an intake manifold. As we are finding out with all but the most radical n/a setups the stock intake does a fairly good job. It's not like the old days where an intake for a 5.0 would pick up huge power or where a stock 2v manifold would choke a motor off. Ford obviously did their homework. Now Turbo's centri's and large nitrous shot motors will see a bigger gain but more importantly will run safer since flow between runners is better equalized and fuel puddling when running a wet shot can be reduced. Even an all out centri or turbo car might be doing good to pick up 50rwhp with an intake, so why would a bolt on car pick up more than 5 or 10? Not a dig against any of the manifolds, I think it is just the nature of the beast.
I would love to bolt it on and gain 50 rwhp ! And I just might try it .

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I say we go to matts house and "barrow" it for procharger testing >:)

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I say we go to matts house and "barrow" it for procharger testing >:)
Toronto ehhh ! I think I would rather wait and buy one. It would be less money , and I still have alot of work to to in the next two weeks to get back on the dyno. MAYBE it will be out by then .

Last edited:

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
What people STILL can't seem to realize is that Ford did such a good job designing the 2005-2010 Mustang GT 4.6 3V's manifold, that it has been proven to only be a big restriction on forced induction applications. Not even stroker/head/cam builds seem to gain good HP from aftermarket manifolds, Livernois only got 12rwhp out of the C&L manifold on their 323 big bore stroker(403rwhp w/o, 415rwhp w/). There is no other n/a 3v stroker that I know of that has been tested with the c&l manifold(I think Jim III @ JDM might've tested hit on his n/a 298 stroker, I can't remember), so that really says something about how negative people are about the C&L manifold or any aftermarket manifold gaining power on n/a setups.

Like 05yellowgt said, I don't know why people are so disappointed with the 5rwhp Matt D gained.

At least the FRPP manifold gained anything at all. Germansheperd(SPR cams/foxlake heads/full bolt ons/full exhaust) and Boss281(VSR cams/full bolt ons/full exhaust) didn't gain squat from the C&L manifold. There were very similar "no gain" results from a SPR cam/Livernois head guy on ModularFords, well up until 6800+ RPM. Matt D has full exhaust/full bolt ons, but no aftermarket cams or heads of any kind, so I think his results are pretty satisfactory compared to the n/a car results we have seen from the C&L manifold.

Last edited:

Kaldar142

Reaction score
^^ I agree, ford did a great job designing alot of the parts on the car.

5rwhp may not seem like alot, but i'm sure once you really start opening up the engine (headwork / FI) then it will really shine

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
I wasn't saying it is bad just in my case I started to lose power when I went leaner or richer than 12.5 so maybe he could pick up a few more horse richening it up a tad. (just a little idea if he hadn't for some reason tried that already.) And like Gene said it depends where you pickup from as well. (mine was picked up from the rear pass 02 sensor I went as rich as 12.0 and as lean as 13.5 and either way the farther i got from 12.5 the more power i lost.)

Last edited:

JOK3R

forum member
Reaction score
I'm actually impressed Matt even saw a gain. Like everyone else said, let's wait and see what this manifold does on a F/I car or a heads/cams car before really judging it too hard.

I wonder if this manifold will sell out on day 1? LOL

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm actually impressed Matt even saw a gain. Like everyone else said, let's wait and see what this manifold does on a F/I car or a heads/cams car before really judging it too hard.

I wonder if this manifold will sell out on day 1? LOL

It probably will the way ford racing is getting responses

usafimj

Reaction score
They should give us military the hook up on these manifolds...lol

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok here is what I am going to do. If you are seriously considering getting this intake

send me your

First & Last name
Phone number that you are reachable at (cell phone is best)
Email address (that you actually check)

Pm it to me, I will send a grand list to ford racing to try and get a mailer out with updates and availability. I want the S197 community to get the first batch if we can, this is me doing this personally as a favour to who ever wants one. I don't work for Ford Racing but I defintly will give them a hand with promoting.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back