HID Question

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i know this is the DIY section, but for those of us who have Factory HID Headlights, the manual says take it to a dealer to replace a bulb.

so here is my question. is it possible to replace the stock HID bulbs in our car? and if so, what size/ style should i order to replace said bulb? i know the ballast is built into the headlight housing itself, i just never went as far as taking it all off to see if i could get the bulb out. now when i ask for size/style, i want to know what type of bulb as far as bi-xenon or not, 55 or 35 watt, and the style, h13 etc... i have 4300k 35 watts in my foglights, and they clash pretty badly with the stockers, which i am guessing to be about a 3500k. i would really like to replace the stock ones and give the car a more uniform look out front seeing as 4300 is the closest you can get to it

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
bumpin this up cause i need to order a pair. anybody know of any other options for ordering?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
just wondering what else was available. i got my fog light kit from him so its nothing against them

Black08

New S197 owner
Reaction score
ddmtuning HID's are awesome...but it takes a while to get them after ordering. They are always on back order. But they are worth the wait.

Mike07427R

Reaction score
Hey here is another question regarding the HID's. Did some of you replace your stock headlights or does it not make a difference as far as the light coming from them. Just wondering cuz I have been looking at getting HID's all the way around and just wondering if I am going to need to get new headlights first.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back