Hidden Fog Light Instal

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
After doing it on Randy's car i thought there needs to be a write up on this. I put together the best thread i can but can answer any questions that may be un clear.

you need to take the fog lights and shave off the inside top bracket.

7146336685_bbecc278ff.jpg

you also need to relocate the horn as it will get in the way of the fog lights now. unless you decide to mount them closer to the outside.

then get some small 1-2inch l brackets with some nuts and bolts from lowes.

L_Brackets_small.JPG

once thats done you need to drill holes on the outside of the hood latch on the inside of the grill.

now not 100% sure about where they are drilled but this is about a close as i could guess. my suggesition is line up the l brackets mounted to the fogs and see where the hole lines up.

7000266324_11596f6077_b.jpg

7146326625_9b20146112_b.jpg

once you have the holes drilled then attach the exsiting fog light top bracket to the l bracket with supplied nut and bolt, then attach the l bracket with the fog light to the hole drilled in the body of the car that was drilled.

once all thats done should come out like this

d1086a36.jpg

ElenorFogLights2.jpg

or further apart like this

dsc08861.jpg

If you choose this look above you do not need to relocate the horn or cut off one of the fog light tabs.

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
Wouldn't the fog light rattle since it is only being attached at one point?

I like the idea and it saves buying DG Custom grille just to get their brackets.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Wouldn't the fog light rattle since it is only being attached at one point?

I like the idea and it saves buying DG Custom grille just to get their brackets.

Actually it doesn't at all. If u do more twoards the center the metal beam also holds it in since its wedged between that and the number. If u do more twoards the outside then u use the top two breackets on the fog lights and hook it up at two points instead of one.

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
Cool Thanks!

I may just try that out. I just need a set of fogs to play with. i have the CDC grille, so it should work with it.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
I have some other photos around somewhere of my install. The fogs were attached in 3 places including one in the bumper cover. The horn was relocated behind the bumper.

IMG_8520.jpg

IMG_8550.jpg

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
Ive had this mod for about a year, no regrets. Fog lights provide the same practical amount of illumination as before but looks much stealthier. I need to pull my grille and paint the bumper area behind it black as well as tint my fogs at some point for the full effect.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
I've thought about tinting the fog lights and getting the tinted headlights but really not to sure at this point.

MustangTrans2.jpg

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
I love the idea of removing the grille (for whatever reason) and the fogs stay in place. I have mine wedged at the ends and held by nothing. They don't rattle or shake going down the road but I'd still like to get them mounted somehow and I think this is it!

Thanks for the great idea! :clap:

Gerardo

I have some other photos around somewhere of my install. The fogs were attached in 3 places including one in the bumper cover. The horn was relocated behind the bumper.

IMG_8520.jpg

Last edited:

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
I love the idea of removing the grille (for whatever reason) and the fogs stay in place. I have mine wedged at the ends and held by nothing. They don't rattle or shake going down the road but I'd still like to get them mounted somehow and I think this is it!

Gerardo

TBH, I haven't used them on the road. I only tested that they worked and shined them on the garage door. They "appear" to be lined up but havn't been road tested.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
TBH, I haven't used them on the road. I only tested that they worked and shined them on the garage door. They "appear" to be lined up but havn't been road tested.

I bet they're fine.

Up and down can probably be adjusted by a washer/spacer? If you left the adjusting mechanism intact, it should be easy to adjust the fogs from left to right, I would think.

Gerardo

Last edited:

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
06Torch,

Is that the DG Custom Auto hidden fog kit you used on yours?

Gerardo

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score

06Torch,

Is that the DG Custom Auto hidden fog kit you used on yours?

Hey Sean,
No, I just wedged mine between the aftermarket grille and the car. No bracket is hold mine. That's the OP, I think...

Gerardo

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back