Hood Pins Installed!!

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
My wife bought me a set of Scott Drake hood pins for Christmas, so I installed them over the weekend. Overall very happy with the result.

Attachments

• hood pins 1.jpg
    hood pins 1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 16
  • hood pins 2.jpg
    hood pins 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 17
  • hood pins 5.jpg
    hood pins 5.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 17
  • hood pins 7.jpg
    hood pins 7.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 16
  • hood pins 3.jpg
    hood pins 3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 18

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I love my hood pins
No worrying about if my hood will stay down or come up and smack me

Nervous drilling into your hood?

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
I love my hood pins
No worrying about if my hood will stay down or come up and smack me

Nervous drilling into your hood?

Of all the modifications I have done, this one probably made me the most nervous. I knew I had a little bit of room if I didn't drill the hole perfect because the plate covers such a large area, but I probably measured 10 times before actually punching through the hood lol.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great, I had the exact hood pins on mine when I had the Mach1 hood. Never worried going down the track that my hood would lift. After a year the wires under the clear coating started rusting, I ended up putting white heat shrink tubing over the wire to hide the rust and it matched well with the cars white paint. Might want to put some type of sealer where the wire exits the the clear sleeve so moisture won't seep in.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Looks great, I had the exact hood pins on mine when I had the Mach1 hood. Never worried going down the track that my hood would lift. After a year the wires under the clear coating started rusting, I ended up putting white heat shrink tubing over the wire to hide the rust and it matched well with the cars white paint. Might want to put some type of sealer where the wire exits the the clear sleeve so moisture won't seep in.

^^^ This. All day long. Mine did the same thing.

OP, the hood pins look great. They look so tough on the 05-09 cars.

And if you think drilling for hood pins makes you nervous, try cutting a hole for a shaker hood scoop! I think I literally measured and re-measured over and over for an hour before making the first cut.

Jwoo8804

Reaction score

Oh wow, thanks for the tip. I took and extra step and used touch up paint to cover the bare metal where I cut the holes to help against rust. Did you ever see any issues like that with the holes rusting after a while?

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
^^^ This. All day long. Mine did the same thing.

OP, the hood pins look great. They look so tough on the 05-09 cars.

And if you think drilling for hood pins makes you nervous, try cutting a hole for a shaker hood scoop! I think I literally measured and re-measured over and over for an hour before making the first cut.

I'm having palpitations just thinking about cutting a hole that large anywhere on a car!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Hah yea
I was awful nervous doing it
I went with the UPR billet hood pins in black

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Oh wow, thanks for the tip. I took and extra step and used touch up paint to cover the bare metal where I cut the holes to help against rust. Did you ever see any issues like that with the holes rusting after a while?

If that's a stock hood it should be made from Aluminum so no rust. It's just the cable wires from the hood pin kit that will rust after some time.

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
FYI....Cables/Wires are called "Lanyards". Over time they will not only rust, but
they can also chafe/mark the paint at the edge of your hood from all the movement/rubbing. IMO, pins will look just as good without them.

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
FYI....Cables/Wires are called "Lanyards". Over time they will not only rust, but
they can also chafe/mark the paint at the edge of your hood from all the movement/rubbing. IMO, pins will look just as good without them.

I agree. I actually didn't want the lanyards attached to the pins. But, my buddy who installed a set on his mustang that didn't have any had his pins stolen one day in a parking lot a week after installing. The only reason I got a set that did have them was for a little extra added security.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Just super glue the pins to the bezel and you won't have to worry about people stealing them.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
Yup , i just took my cables off , shit i meant "Lanyards" . :word:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back