Hood vibrations

SalSnyder

Reaction score
Mostly stock 2014 GT premium with stock louvered hood. The trailing edge of the hood vibrates/flutters at 70+. Body has never been wrecked. Hood fit is excellent and it latches tight. Anybody else see this? Kind of disconcerting since it's right in front of my line of sight. Weird I never noticed it till now.

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
Yup, assuming it's barely noticeable, this is normal. Real hood louvers will fix this, but it's nothing to worry about.

BullittSS

Reaction score
Mostly stock 2014 GT premium with stock louvered hood. The trailing edge of the hood vibrates/flutters at 70+. Body has never been wrecked. Hood fit is excellent and it latches tight. Anybody else see this? Kind of disconcerting since it's right in front of my line of sight. Weird I never noticed it till now.
Interesting -- my 2009 Bullitt hood fluttered at 80 MPH and above -- like most GT's at the time. The hood on my 2014 GT/CS has never fluttered at any speed. Maybe the front splitter helps -- not sure...

ddd4114

forum member
Reaction score
The pre-2010 S197's were definitely worse, but the later ones still did it a little. It's noticeable once you're over 100.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back