Hoping to complete my 6060 swap this weekend

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score

I finally have a long weekend and the free time to try and tackle this install. To those that have done this swap, does it look like I have everything to complete it? I plan on having the stock flywheel resurfaced and I'll need to pick up some brake fluid on the way in. Will be doing it using either a 4 post lift or one of the drive on ones. Only concern is if my JBA long tubes will be in the way.

Upgrades are:
Exedy Mach 500 26 spline clutch
Revan Racing front shifter bushings
KR rear shifter bushing
Stainless steel clutch line
DSS driveshaft
Topped off with Royal Purple Synmax

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like you have everything except 1 part! I don't see the rectangular plate that covers the hole in the tunnel. This plate has a rubber grommet that shifter handle sticks up through. Without this plate the heat rolls up into the console. Good news is that it's a $25 part directly from Ford.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like you have everything except 1 part! I don't see the rectangular plate that covers the hole in the tunnel. This plate has a rubber grommet that shifter handle sticks up through. Without this plate the heat rolls up into the console. Good news is that it's a $25 part directly from Ford.

I'd be interested in this plate. Part # anyone? Im going to be doing a 6060 swap myself and I havent heard of the "plate" needed.

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Are you using a GT slave or GT500 slave? I used a GT slave on my tr6060 swap but I've always wondered if I should have used a GT500 slave. Haven't really had an issue with clutch engagement but that doesnt mean its correct...

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
I do believe the gt and 07-09 gt500 tob are the same. I found the part number and got it off amazon for about $100. I'll try to update this a little tomorrow. My car is still on a lift and can't get to it until Thursday.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
So how did this go? I'll be doing this swap soon myself.
Also, can you tell me what these fittings or plugs are in the little baggies? Same with the parts on the wire? Thats all I'm pretty much missing lol

xPFUW7Z.jpg

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
So how did this go? I'll be doing this swap soon myself.
Also, can you tell me what these fittings or plugs are in the little baggies? Same with the parts on the wire? Thats all I'm pretty much missing lol

xPFUW7Z.jpg

Those parts in the bag are the sliding pins for the shifter assembly. They slide in to hold the shifter to the transmission.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Those parts in the bag are the sliding pins for the shifter assembly. They slide in to hold the shifter to the transmission.

oh good heads up. my shifter assm. is still on the trans so looks like I'm good there. Ordered the missing plate from ford today, 30.00. Going to have to come up with some custom screws/nuts to hold'r in I'd imagine.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
oh good heads up. my shifter assm. is still on the trans so looks like I'm good there. Ordered the missing plate from ford today, 30.00. Going to have to come up with some custom screws/nuts to hold'r in I'd imagine.

The threaded holes are already in the tunnel of your car. Just get the correct size bolts and fasten it down!

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if you're talking about the thin plate between the engine or the cross member, either way I reused the stock 5 speed bolts.

The parts on the zip tie are the Revan Racing bushing replacements for the front of the shifter. Haven't used them yet but they were a very flush/tight fit and should have zero slop in the shifter.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
Needing some help diagnosing a shifting issue. Car shifted great for about 200 miles and the last 300 it doesn't want to go into first gear or reverse when I initially push in the clutch pedal. To get it into first or reverse I have to shift into 3rd or 4th gear, and while still pressing the clutch in, shift to first or reverse.

There is no grinding when trying to get the initial first or reverse, more like something is blocking it.

For bleeding the clutch I just pressed/depressed the clutch a whole bunch for the initial install. Once the problem arose I jacked up the front left side of the car and pressed some more, but that did not help any. I am thinking about going to get a vacuum bleeder and see if that helps. When I did the bleeding for the initial install once I topped off the brake fluid I didn't notice the fluid lower in the reservoir at all.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Needing some help diagnosing a shifting issue. Car shifted great for about 200 miles and the last 300 it doesn't want to go into first gear or reverse when I initially push in the clutch pedal. To get it into first or reverse I have to shift into 3rd or 4th gear, and while still pressing the clutch in, shift to first or reverse.

There is no grinding when trying to get the initial first or reverse, more like something is blocking it.

For bleeding the clutch I just pressed/depressed the clutch a whole bunch for the initial install. Once the problem arose I jacked up the front left side of the car and pressed some more, but that did not help any. I am thinking about going to get a vacuum bleeder and see if that helps. When I did the bleeding for the initial install once I topped off the brake fluid I didn't notice the fluid lower in the reservoir at all.

Those are the signs of a slave cylinder going out. The mach500 clutch is/has been hard on slave cylinders. Some never have an issue and some do.

AFAIK the only clutches that will increase holding power while keeping slave forces at stock levels are dual disk clutches. I'm running an Exedy 07806 right now and it's held just fine but if I was to increase power to high levels I'd go right back to a McLeod RST. It's a great clutch that will handle hot lapping at the track and that has less pressure on the stock slave than a stock clutch does.

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I'm in the process of swapping to a 6060 myself and it appears the line that connects from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder hydraulic line is different than the GT. Anyone have a part number for that upgraded stainless steel line?

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I realize the part I'm missing is the black plastic right angle adapter that plugs into the slave cylinder on the transmission and connects to the stock line. I can't seem to find that part anywhere - anyone have an idea where I can get it?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back