Hot Rod cams

S

stroked302

I have been looking online for these cams at FRPP's site and haven't found them yet. I was just wondering if anyone knows where to find them, just interested in the price and seeing what type of gains they have. I have a built 302 waiting to get the supercharger, but I was thinking about swapping cams and porting the heads when I swap the engine.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/FRPP-Hot-Rod-camsJPC_146301.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Blazing Saddles

I'm a "Pro Tree" Hugger
Reaction score
just curious ur mods for runing 12.1s NA.

It's a stock long block with just bolt ons. The CAI is a one of a kind that I made, Jet TB spacer, CMRC deletes, Steeda U/D damper, Meziere water pump, Hooker LT's X-pipe, and FRPP race mufflers. Zex nitrous kit. Prothane motor mounts. A Bamachips tune. An auto tranny with a TCI 3000 stall converter, FRPP 4.10 gears, Eaton Limited Slip. Lighter Steeda/KVR brake rotors. A shortened FRPP Ranger aluminum driveshaft. BMR rear suspension, and front sway bar delete. Bogart racing wheels, Hoosier Drag Radials 28", M/T Front runners. A MMR rear seat delete. Kirkey aluminum race seats.

I,ve got a set of 4.30 gears out being Mikronite coated. I have the BMR K-member, control arms, and manual steering rack. Plus QA1 front struts springs, and camber plates ready to go in. I should see an 11.7 - 11.8 ET this fall.

Last edited:

shawn13

forum member
Reaction score
just curious ur mods for runing 12.1s NA ot thanks guys

suttons by me they quotd me like 700-750 or whatever for the cams and 400 to install plus another 200-300 to tune.

Thats what they told me to. He has no idea when they are getting any in though.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in love.

But even if i found a place to install it, no way i could find a place for a guy able to tune that.

:cry:

tached_out

Bigger the better
Reaction score
idk about them they sounds good but thats allot of money for a mod for little power.

I can see if you are building a block from the ground up but having to spend all the money for labor plus tuning. I can see if you just want to build a nice NA car but if your blown I cant see any reason to do a cam upgrade unless its in the overall build, unless any one else has any info that I do not have?

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
thats sick, but i also cant find anybody here to tune it..

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thats sick, but i also cant find anybody here to tune it..

Peharps we could remove the engine, put it in a box, send it to cal, make it tuned, get it back, put it back in the car.

Cam for non cal guys : the most expensive mod.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Nah, at least we non-CA guys don't have to worry about the People's Republic of Kalifornia seizing assets just because we don't have a CARB sticker on a piece of tubing...

:samuri:

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
I thought you see more gains with cams when you have a blower than N/A... Is that wrong?

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I thought you see more gains with cams when you have a blower than N/A... Is that wrong?

Nope, you're correct. With a blower, ANYTHING you do to the engine to increase VE is essentially multiplied due to the extra airflow... LT's, heads, cams all pay bigger divedends on a blown motor than the NA version. That said, not all of us need or want the extra power that a blower produces (or specifically, the heat that comes with it!), so our quest is for good NA gains as well. Cams and heads do pay off, but at a VERY high $/HP cost... They sound good, though!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back