*Houston GTG June 3-6, 2010*

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Wish I could make today's cruise, have a tennant moving out and another moving in, so I have to hang around home today.

as for Tookie's... it never recovered after IKE. Damn shame, was a real good burger joint.

KemahGT

forum member
Reaction score
Tookie's died along with Ike. The building is still there. I think that there is a new highway project that is going to kill most of those places on 146 in that area.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
We made multiple passes last night at HRP. No problem and no waiting either. Took our time to cool the car off then Kyle rolled through the lanes and right into line under the tower. Easy night. Had the usual dipshits of course but overall rather interesting. Besides the 6,794 motorcycles that showed up there were three seriously fast diesel trucks running. Slowest was an older "Lil' Red Express" Dodge with a Cummins conversion, ladder bar rear end, and 30x13 slicks. He had to lift just to get the transmission into high gear then hit it again. Ran 11.20's at 128 mph. Supercharged C6 Vette out there too. Bogged the hell out of it then it got small in a hurry. 11.10 at 136 mph. Few Mustangs showed. VaginoHoe had his new "double-throwdown-killer-badass" engine back in the car but was having problems. First pass he blew the tires off of it, lifted, hit it again and ran 10.3-something at 133 mph. The rest were all 10.40's. Kyle ran a best of 11.97. Air wasn't worth a shit. 85 degrees and almost 90% humidity.
I am familiar with the lil red express truck, good looking truck and runs pretty hard. Isn't it the same owner of Blazonic?

I wish I would have known you guys were going out there, I would have came and made a few passes. I need to find someone to install these cams too

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay, so looking for some input here people.

After trying to put something together so you could all come and meet one another somewhere along the way, the only person from this board who showed up was Jason (fhlh).

So where did this event go wrong? Why didn't anyone else come out?

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
lol... I'm pretty certain Cars and Coffee is too early in the day for most of this crowd :)

In reality, it'd be a great monthly event to attend. I'm certain there are some pretty stout s197's in Houston that could represent. Got sick of looking at bad-ass camaro's and vette's Saturday morning.

luckyone

Reaction score
I was out at the nifty 50's meet for 2 hours...I never saw you or yalls cars out there.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, Luckyone, I WAS there at 5pm, stayed til 5:30pm and headed to Kemah when no one else was there. Came back to Niftees around 8:45pm.

Niftees is happening again this Saturday. A group from the old United Stangs days has talked about coming out. Maybe some of ya would like to try meeting up with them for this weekend's show.

And Sunday is the Urban Speed meet 10am-2pm on Washington Ave.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would have been there but I just couldn't justify the drive from the west side of Mongomery (Dobbin), that's a long freakin' way. Perhaps I can catch the next one.

Back